We are proud to present the 10th annual Social Media in the Defence and Military Sector conference, taking place on the 17th and 18th November 2021 in London, United Kingdom.
Social media has become an indispensable communication channel in civilian society, and the military sector is no different. It can be used as a platform for information and recruitment purposes, fulfil a welfare function for personnel keeping in touch with family and friends, and as a strategic communication tool for opinion-forming and psychological operations.
Social media offers fast, direct, and wide-reaching communications, so it is critical that public affairs professionals are properly equipped to make the most of what ; social media has to offer. Drawing on a wealth of expertise from military, government and industry, Social Media in the Defence and Military Sector remains the only truly global summit for communications professionals in defence. Join this community to learn from the very best, meet your peers from around the world, and accelerate your development.
Benefits of Attending
- Engage with a dynamic audience of military officers, government officials, industry experts and social media platform specialists on crucial topics such recruitment, audience engagement, crisis response tactics and combating fake news.
- Exclusive Host Nation presentations from the UK MoD
- Dedicated sessions on COVID-19 response and the role of the military in keeping the world virus-free
- Two half day pre-conference workshops focusing on social media strategies and the utilisation of immersive technologies in military communications campaigns
Plus Two Workshops | 16th & 19th November 2021
Workshop A: Digital Content: How to Maximise your Return on Investment
Hosted by Vitnija Saldava, Former NATO MARCOM Press Officer
16th November: 1:00pm - 5:00p
Workshop B: Military Recruiting, Retention and Brand Building via Social Media with GEN-Z
Hosted by Andrew Morton, Director of Veterans and Certification Affairs, SHRM
19th November: 8:30am -12:30pm
- Brigadier General Pietro Addis, Commander, Army Special Forces Command
- Colonel Audricia M. Harris, Director of Communications, Army Futures Command
- Colonel Jose Chaves Bermejo, Chief of Communications Department, Cabinet of the Chief of Staff of the Spanish Army
- Dr Luca Lamorte, Social Media Officer (Managing Editor), IOM
- Dr Stefan Chavanne, Director Armed Forces Personnel Agency, Austrian MoD
- Dr Todd C Helmus, Senior Behavioural Scientist, Rand Corporation
- Major Laurence Roche, Press Officer, British Army
- Mr Andrew Morton, Director of Social Engagement, SHRM
- Mr Gert Hankewitz, Director Export Control, Milrem
- Mr Hal Pittman, Director, Defense Media Activity DoD
- Mr Kuande Hall, Manager, Social Media Training Office, Defense Information School, US DOD
- Mr Matthew Clarke, Head of Digital Strategy, UK MoD
- Mr Steven Mehringer, International Communications Advisor, Ocean Blue Communications (Former Head of NATO Communications)
- Mr Tomas Ceponis, Senior Analyst, Lithuanian Armed Forces Strategic Communication Department
- Ms Mary Markovinovic, Chief of Public Affairs & Adjunct Faculty Member, Daniel K. Inouye Asia-Pacific Center for Security Studies
- Ms Rebecca Obstler, Head of Communications Services Section, NATO
- Squadron Leader Stuart Smith, Head of RAF Digital, RAF