Air Defence Week 2021: The Gathering of the World's Air Defence Community
The return to Great Power competition and continue technological progress has led to a rise in both high-end and low-end threats. Faced with the proliferation of UAVs of all sizes and classes as well as heightened tensions with ballistic and cruise missile capable nations, armed forces need to rapidly evolve air defence systems across the full spectrum of threats.
Air Defence Week 2021 has been built in response to the military need to consider the total operating environment and has rapidly become the chosen meeting ground for the international air defence community; bringing together both industry and military to address the threat.
With ever increasing threats from state and non-state actors alike, the need for an immediate global response has never been greater.
Key themes include:
- How can air defenders be aided by the OEM and systems integrators to smooth the transition from legacy to contemporary assets?
- In what ways can nations increase the integration of air defence assets across air, land and sea, in an effort to create a seamless reactive capability to dealing with threats areas across the spectrum
- As threats become more varied with the development of low slow small uas to hypersonic glide vehicles, what options are there for multi-model air defence systems to engage a range of targets? What are the benefits and limitations of futuristic technology, such as directed energy
- What lessons can be transferred between GBAD commanders in different regions of the world, in terms of meeting operational challenges?
"The base tour was excellent, plus the event allowed presentations from countries and discussions about radar and missile integration"
-VProgram Manager, ASELAN
"The staff at IQPC stood out as they were attentive to all the attendees needs and responded to each question with respect and attention"
- Director, Business Development, BAE Systems
"A great opportunity to meet relevant players in the field of ISR and security affairs"
-Image Analyst, SatCen
- Technical Consultant, Norconsult Telematics
Meet the Speakers
- Colonel (Retd.) David Shank, Former Commandant, U.S. Army Air Defense Artillery School & Chairman, Air Defence Week 2021
- General Jeffrey L. Harrigian, Commander, U.S. Air Forces Europe and Africa
- Gordon B. “Skip” Davis Jr., Deputy Assistant Secretary General, Defence Investment Division, NATO
- Air Commodore Rich Jacob, ACOS Capability Delivery C2/Integrated Air and Missile Defence, HQ Air Command, Royal Air Force
- Brigadier General Gregory J. Brady, Commander of 10th AAMDC, U.S. Army Europe
- Brigadier General Anders Persson, Deputy Chief, Swedish Air Force
- Thomas N. Doss, Assistant Program Executive Officer - International, PEO Missiles and Space
- Colonel Fernando Prada, Commander of 71st Air Defence Regiment, Spanish Army
- Colonel David K. Sieve, Assistant to the Director, Missile Defense Agency
- Colonel Giorgio Cozzolino, Director, Italian Joint C-M/M, UAS Centre of Excellence
- Colonel David W. Morgan, Joint Capabilities Integration Branch Chief, Joint C-sUAS Office, U.S. Army
- Dr Leigh Moore Jr., NATO Joint Capability Group on Ground Based Air Defense, NATO
- Dr. Claudio Palestini, Officer, Counter Terrorism Section, Emerging Security Challenges Division (ESCD), NATO
- Mr Brian Lihani, Chief, Aerospace Warning Branch, HQ NORAD
- Mark Opgenorth, Business Development & Government Relations, Noology NA
- David Eldridge, Sales & Marketing Director, Chess Dynamics