Building on knowledge gained from the ECS Boot Camp while focusing on critical compliance issues, this two-day, hands-on knowledge-sharing event teaches attendees how to classify products as a result of Export Control Reform (ECR). Utilizing scenarios and exercises to teach jurisdictional classification, attendees also learn how to establish a solid export compliance program. Topics include 8 Steps to Self-Classify on the EAR Scenario/Exercise, Order of Review, Specially Designed, Utilizing CCATs, Self-Classify on the ITAR, Conducting Internal Audits and a Comprehensive Technical Assistance Agreement (TAA) workshop.
The two-day seminar includes breakfast, lunch, seminar manual and a current copy of the ITAR. Space is limited. Registration will close once capacity is reached.
Critical Compliance: How to classify your products as a result of Export Control Reform (ECR). 2 Days of hands-on training with scenarios and exercises to assist the student in learning jurisdictional classification. Topics include 8 Steps to Self Classify on the EAR Scenario/Exercise, Order of Review, Specially Designed, Utilizing CCAT's, Self Classify on the ITAR, Conducting Internal Audits and a Comprehensive Technical Assistance Agreement (TAA) workshop.
ITAR/EAR Symposium Topics Include:
Day 1 Topics:
- Keynote Speaker: Department of Commerce/Office of Export Enforcement (OEE)
- Building a Trade Compliance Program, Debi Davis TransDigm Inc (To Be Confirmed)
- Learning to Stay Compliant with Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)
- "ITAR Free or Not ITAR Free-That is the Question" Scott Jackson, Senior Director, Global Trade Compliance, Curtiss Wright
- How to Be the Effective Empowered Official
- Reexports and How to Prevent Unauthorized Exports to China
Day 2 Topics:
- Update GAO Report: Compliance Best Practices
- Developing Export Compliance Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions
- How to Classify
- Winning the Contract: Follow-On Actions
- Managing Foreign Person Employees & Guests
- Monitoring International Business Travel
- Comparison of ITAR Exemptions & EAR Exceptions
- Advisory Opinions & Exports
- Keeping Required Records & Filing Mandatory Reports
Small group exercises are offered on all days.
"The small group discussions are an extremely effective learning tool. The exercises and small class size are a major plus that keeps us coming back to attend ECS seminars."
Director of Export Compliance, Northrop Grumman
"The venues are always conducive to learning and the quality of instructors as former State Department Licensing Officers is unparalleled."
Program Manager, Military Systems Group