Driving Mission Success at the Joint Level
The Close Air Support Conference is designed to encourage greater engagement between the allied CAS community and industry as they seek to build consensus on a decisive and sustainable air-ground force mixture for future multi-domain operations and ongoing counter-insurgency missions.
The growing number of light attack programmes and a NATO focus on greater interoperability for contested and multi-domain environments suggests a revitalization of CAS culture, and as such we are pleased to host this forum to give air and ground leaders at the joint and coalition levels an opportunity to talk through their most critical challenges and share some insight into the design of their CAS mission set.
Topics of discussion
- Synthetic & Live Training Technologies for the CAS Community
- The Drivers of Light Attack Aircraft Acquisition, Platform Experimentation & Force Sustainment
- Air-Land Integration TTPs in Multi-Domain Operational Contexts
- Advancements in Comms, Sensors & Precision-Munitions & the Implications for JTACs
"Good variety of nationalities and expertise allowing for excellent networking opportunities"
Marketing Director, Thales
"This event allows great awareness on the ideas and development of CAS"
Fire Support Officer, Singapore MOD
Technical Consultant, Norconsult Telematics
Meet your 2019 Close Air Support Speaker Panel
- Air Marshal (retd.) Sir Christopher Harper, Former Director General, NATO International Military Staff
- General Etienne Patry, Chief of Staff of Air Force Command, French Air Force
- Air Chief Marshal Antonio Carlos Egito do Amaral, Commander of the Air Preparation Command (COMPREP), Brazilian Air Force
- Air Vice Marshal Remigus Nnamdi Ekeh, Commanding Officer, Headquarters Logistics Command (HQ LC), Nigerian Air Force
- Air Vice Marshal M Abul Bashar, Assistant Chief of Air Staff (Administration), Bangladesh Air Force
- Brigadier General Robert G. Novotny, Commander 57th Wing, U.S. Air Force Warfare Center
- Brigadier General Paul D. Johnson, Commander 175th Wing, US Air Force
- Brigadier General Todd Balfe, Fighter Capability Special Advisor, Royal Canadian Air Force
- Group Captain Adrian Hill, Combat Plans Division Head, Deployable Command & Control Centre (DACCC)
- Colonel John Andreas Olsen, Defence Attaché to the United Kingdom and Ireland, Royal Norwegian Embassy
- Lieutenant Colonel William Church, NATO Defence Planner (Air Expert), Defence Planning, Targets and Review Branch, NATO Allied Command Transformation
- Lieutenant Colonel Rodolphe Bertile, Capability Requirement Branch, ACT Staff Element Europe, French Army
- Lieutenant Colonel Vivien Beral, Commander of the Training Centre for Air Support, French/German Air to Ground Operations School, French Air Force
- Squadron Leader Martin Bindemann, Executive Officer at the Air Battlespace Training Centre, Royal Air Force
- Major Cristiano Refi, 4th Ranger Regiment, Training & Operations Chief JTAC Evaluator, Italian Army
- Major Andreas Bordien, National JTAC Program Manager, German Air Force Air Operations Command
- Major Bas Van Giessel, Head of TACTES, Defence Helicopter Command, Netherlands Ministry of Defence
- Justin Bronk, Research Fellow / Editor, RUSI Defence Systems