Today's Defense & Aerospace News
The 61st Airlift Squadron at Little Rock Air Force Base, Ark., received its latest Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] C-130J Super Hercules today. A crew from the squadron ferried the airlifter from the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Co., facility here.
The 61st, which has operated C-130s since 1956, is part of Air Mobility Command's 19th Airlift Wing.
Astronomers say that magnetic storms in the gas orbiting young stars may explain a mystery that has persisted since before 2006.
Researchers using NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope to study developing stars have had a hard time figuring out why the stars give off more infrared light than expected. The planet-forming disks that circle the young stars are heated by s...
The Global Soldier Modernization market is worth US$6.7 billion in 2014 and is expected to value US$9.4 billion by 2024, representing a CAGR of 3.54% during the forecast period, according to the new market report available on ASDReports ’The Global Soldier Modernization Market 2014–2024’.
The constantly evolving nature of wars around the world and ...
Mar 11 - 12, 2014 - San Diego, United States
- Airbus Helicopters delivers German Army's final upgraded Tiger support helicopter
- NASA's Hubble Telescope Witnesses Asteroid's Mysterious Disintegration
- Raytheon receives $350 M SM-3 Block IB contract
- Program Executive Officer Describes F-35 Progress
- Boosters For Orion's Launch Vehicle Arrive To Cape Canaveral
- Kepler Marks Five Years in Space
- 1st delivery from new GKN Aerospace business jet engine integration facility
- ATK to Exhibit Satellite Products and Capabilities at the Satellite 2014 Conference and Exhibition
- NASA's THEMIS Discovers New Process that Protects Earth from Space Weather
- Crashing Comets Explain Surprise Gas Clump Around Young Star
- NASA Radar Demonstrates Ability to Foresee Sinkholes
- Colombia's Aerocivil selects Airbus ProSky for the implementation of its ATFM system
- Leidos Awarded Contract By Defense Threat Reduction Agency
- Iraq turns back flight after 'minister's son misses plane'
- Boeing Maritime Surveillance Aircraft Demonstrator Completes 1st Flight
- GD Awarded $36 M for Submarine Development Work
- Sonardyne maritime security delivers largest Sentinel order