Today's Defense & Aerospace News
NASA is taking steps to protect its Mars orbiters, while preserving opportunities to gather valuable scientific data, as Comet C/2013 A1 Siding Spring heads toward a close flyby of Mars on Oct. 19.
The comet’s nucleus will miss Mars by about 82,000 miles (132,000 kilometers), shedding material hurtling at about 35 miles (56 kilometers) per second, relative to ...
Cessna Aircraft Company, a subsidiary of Textron Aviation Inc., a Textron Inc. (NYSE:TXT) company, announced today a successful first flight of the company’s second production Citation Latitude aircraft (Serial 002). This flight marks the latest in a series of on-time milestones for the program, all of which have occurred on or ahead of schedule.
Serial 002 is...
The unit will deploy, for the fourth time in recent years, to replace IX (Bomber) Squadron at Kandahar Airfield, 95 years after it first arrived in the country, as Wing Commander Richard Yates, Officer Commanding 31 Squadron, explained:
Afghanistan is very much a part of our squadron’s history and it is fitting that as we approach the centenary of our formatio...
- Poland's TELDAT signs LOI with Raytheon
- Black boxes from Mali plane crash arrive in France
- MH17 black boxes show crash caused by rocket shrapnel: Kiev
- xG Technology Awarded Subcontract by CACI on $497 M Multiple-Award Contract
- Ariane 5 is cleared for its 5th and final ATV mission to service the ISS
- Embraer Executive Jets Delivers 25th Phenom 300 to NetJets
- UND Adds FRASCA CRJ & Seminole FTDs to Simulator Fleet
- Jet Aviation Basel receives EASA Part 145 approval for Boeing B777 series
- API Technologies Wins Million Dollar Order for Manufacture of Commercial Satellite Communication Systems
- BAE Applied Intelligence appoints Sanjay Samuel as Head of Financial Crime for Asia Pacific
- Boeing Statement on Air Algerie Flight 5017
- NGC Awarded $205 M Mission Support Services Contract
- Timely arrival of Pharao space clock
- Rockwell Collins Sells Military Ground-Based Satellite Communications Portfolio
- Australia says chance of MH17 site visit not good
- Russian fighter jet crashes, killing pilot
- Plane crash-lands on US beach, killing father