Today's Defense & Aerospace News
Royal Air Force No 135 Expeditionary Air Wing (EAW) has formally handed over the role of supporting nation in the Baltic Air Policing (BAP) mission to the Royal Canadian Air Force.
The handover ceremony marked the conclusion of the four month deployment of four RAF Typhoon fighter aircraft that have been providing reassurance to the UK’s allies in the region.
A U.S. Marine Corps aircraft crashed at 2:00 p.m. (GMT), today, at sea in the U.S. Central Command Area of Responsibility.
All personnel have been safely recovered and are aboard a U.S. Navy ship that was operating nearby. Three individuals are reported to have sustained non-life threatening injuries in the crash.
The crash was not a result of hostile activity.
Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), drones, remotely piloted vehicles. Intriguing yet sometimes controversial. No form of technology has provided as much fascination since man first undertook powered flight.
Recent years has seen an increase in their usage by the military in Afghanistan, Iraq and in other international operations. The technology is additionally having ...
- Anger over $40M jet for president of impoverished Niger
- UK announces tougher measures against homegrown jihadists
- Kiev warns of 'great war' with Russia as its forces retreat
- Philippine airport bomb plotters planned anti-China attacks
- Rolls-Royce Tests Composite Fan Systems for Advance and Ultrafan at John C. Stennis Space Center
- Military Laser Systems Market worth $2.73 Bn by 2020
- Embraer Signs Maintenance Agreement for Rolls-Royce AE3007 Engines in Brazil
- Aegean Airlines Adds 2 Additional Aircraft to its Previous A320ceo Order
- Unmanned Aircraft Partnership Reaches Major Milestone
- Airbus Group Open for Business at MSPO
- Boeing, Xiamen Airlines Celebrate Airline's 1st 787 Dreamliner Delivery
- PCU North Dakota, 1st Block III Virginia Class Submarine Delivered
- Saab Provides the Next Generation Vehicle Simulators to Norway
- Blue Ridge Completes Exercise with ROK Navy, Improves Joint Operational Capabilities
- NAVFAC Southeast Awards $110 M for Nuclear Power Training Facilities at Joint Base Charleston
- Iceland lowers aviation alert on volcano
- Bombardier CSeries suffers setback as 1st client backs off