Today's Defense & Aerospace News
The global commercial aircraft sector is expected to experience slow and stable growth during the period (2013-2023) according new the new market study on ASDReports. According to Boeing’s estimates, airline companies around the world are expected to procure approximately 34000 airplanes during 2011-2031. The commercial aircraft market grows parallel to the civil ...
The latest in a series of Lockheed Martin [LMT] F-35A high angle of attack (AOA) testing was recently completed. The testing accomplished high AOA beyond both the positive and negative maximum command limits, including intentionally putting the aircraft out of control in several configurations.
This included initially flying in the stealth clean wing configura...
The Australian Ministers for Defence and Defence Materiel announced May 15 that the government of Australia will enter into a Foreign Military Sales (FMS) planning case with the U.S. Navy for the MQ-4C Triton Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS).
The FMS planning case will help Australian defense officials assess the applicability of Triton’s capabilities to their h...
- Centennial Airport to install new thermal camera/radar system
- Aptima Develops Cultural Awareness Training for Marine Corps Operations
- 1st Chinese assembled A320 with Sharklets goes to China Eastern
- Proba-V opens its eyes
- Northrop Grumman Deploys IP-based ATC System in North Sea
- Plane overshoots runway in Myanmar, injuring two
- GPS IIF-4 successfully launched from Cape Canaveral
- Boeing Selected to Build ViaSat-2 Satellite
- LM's 2nd Gen Aegis BMD Defense System Successfully Intercepts Ballistic Missile Target
- ATK's Propulsion and Control System Supports Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense Flight Test Mission
- New Zealand awards Rheinmetall contract for 200 trucks totalling NZ$113 M
- SNC Dream Chaser Testing Begins at NASA's Dryden, Langley
- Raytheon's newest Standard Missile-3 takes out complex, separating short-range ballistic missile target
- Exclases Russia Signs Contract for 5 AW139 Helicopters to be Supplied by HeliVert
- NASA's Asteroid Sample Return Mission Moves into Development
- US Army and Lockheed Martin Commission Microgrid at Fort Bliss
- ViaSat Announces Next Generation Broadband Satellite