Today's Defense & Aerospace News
NASA issued a task order as part of Boeing's [NYSE: BA] $4.2 billion Commercial Crew Transportation Capability (CCtCap) contract recently to include the company's first-ever service flight to the International Space Station. The award marks the first time in human spaceflight history NASA has contracted with a commercial company for a human spaceflight mission.
Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) has assembled NASA's InSight Mars spacecraft, which is now undergoing environmental testing at the company's Space Systems facilities near Denver. InSight is NASA's next mission to Mars and will be the first mission devoted to understanding the interior structure of the planet.
InSight will endure the extreme vibration and noise of launch, a ...
Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE:NOC) has successfully demonstrated to the U.S. Air Force that its plans to upgrade key weapons management software for the B-2 stealth bomber are on track and ready to proceed to the next level of development.
The company successfully completed the critical design review (CDR) of the service's Flexible Strike Phase 1 program on Feb 3. ...
Jul 27 - 29, 2015 - Washington, United States
- Kongsberg Gallium Display Technology to Help Enable Commercial Drone Use
- LM Awarded Next Contract to Support USCG C4ISR Needs
- Orbital ATK-Built SKY MEXICO-1 Commercial Satellite Successfully Launched for DIRECTV
- Exelis, KARI Complete Review of New Satellite Imager That Will Improve Weather Forecasting
- Cubic Introduces Innovative Instrumenting Adaptation for the C16 Automatic Grenade Launcher System
- Orbital ATK Hard Target Void Sensing Fuze Receives Milestone C Approval for Entry Into Production
- Boeing Creates Defense Data Analytics Group to Focus Information Tech Efforts
- CALIBRE Awarded US Army TACOM TS3 Knowledge Based Services Contract
- Ascent Aerospace Wins Airbus A330neo Wing Final Assembly Line Upgrade
- Bell Helicopter Announces 1st Bell 407GXP in Panama
- NASA Begins Testing Mars Lander in Preparation for Next Mission to Red Planet
- UK and US Military Test Lightning II Jets at Sea
- World's 1st Bell 407GT Sold to BBM
- Ariane 5's 2nd launch of 2015
- Asia-Pacific to Outpace US as Largest Market for Military Helicopters
- Aircrew training for RCAF CH-147F Chinook helicopters underway in Petawawa at new world-class training centre
- UAS Commercialization Industry Conference