Today's Defense & Aerospace News
In this striking new image from ESO’s La Silla Observatory in Chile young stars huddle together against a backdrop of clouds of glowing gas and lanes of dust. The star cluster, known as NGC 3293, would have been just a cloud of gas and dust itself about ten million years ago, but as stars began to form it became the bright group of stars we see here. Clusters like...
Hawaiian Airlines has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Airbus for six A330-800neo aircraft. The agreement adds yet another name to the growing list of launch customers for the new aircraft type. The new commitment replaces a previous order placed by Hawaiian for six A350-800s.
“The A330-800neo’s fuel efficiency, additional range and commonal...
Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) completed two critical program reviews for the new Air and Missile Defense Radar (AMDR), the U.S. Navy's next generation integrated air and ballistic missile defense radar. Successful completion of the hardware Preliminary Design Review and the Integrated Baseline Review are both key milestones of the Navy's acquisition plan and high...
- NASA's Fermi Finds A 'Transformer' Pulsar
- Boeing Delivers Upgraded French AWACS Aircraft
- A350 XWB MSN001 Successfully Conducted 'Maximum Energy Rejected Take-Off' Test
- Insitu Demos Long Endurance Capabilities of the Integrator UAS
- Hubble Traces the Halo of a Galaxy More Accurately Than Ever Before
- Derazona Helicopters Buys its 1st rotorcraft from Airbus Helicopters
- Saab Completes Acquisition of TKMS AB (Kockums)
- NASA Partners Punctuate Summer with Spacecraft Development Advances
- NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory Celebrates 15th Anniversary
- Bell Helicopter Delivers 1st 2 of 6 Bell 407GXs to Pennsylvania State Police
- US Navy Selects NGC for Ship Self-Defense System
- Thales Alenia Space to build Telkom-3S satellite for Indonesia
- Harris Receives $15 M from Middle East Nation for Wideband Handheld Radios
- NGC Names Tameika N. Hollis Engineering, Manufacturing and Logistics Executive
- Hawaiian to Add New Airbus A330-800neo to Fleet
- SSL Qualifies As Potential Provider of Hosted Payloads to US Government
- SES Awarded COMSATCOM Pathfinder Contract