Today's Defense & Aerospace News
Saab has been awarded a contract for their latest advanced Softkill solution, the LEDS-50 MK2. The contract amounts to the value of MSEK 48 (R74 million). The contract is from an undisclosed customer.
The LEDS-50 MK2 provides additional protection to the vehicle and crew by detecting the presence of latest generation laser threats and automatically deploying countermeas...
Boeing [NYSE: BA] and leasing company Avolon have finalized an order for six 787-9 Dreamliners and five additional 737 MAX 9s, valued at more than $2.1 billion at list prices. Avolon announced a commitment to purchase the airplanes during the 2014 Farnborough Airshow in July.
This marks Avolon's first order for the super-efficient 787 Dreamliner and will increase the le...
Embraer S.A. and Republic Airways Holdings Inc., operator of the largest E-Jets fleet in the world, announced a contract today for the sale and purchase of 50 firm E175 jets. The value of the firm order, which will be included in Embraer's 2014 third-quarter backlog, is estimated at USD 2.1 billion , based on 2014 list prices. The aircraft will be operated for United Airli...
- Falcon 7X to be Approved for Operation at World's Highest Airport
- NGC Appoints Tarik Reyes VP, Business Development, Integrated Air and Missile Defense Division, of its Information Systems Sector
- Drone Aviation Completes Delivery of Advanced Day/Night Optics Package to State Agency Customer
- Qatar Airways Flies Into a New Era of Travel With Delivery of its 1st A380
- Boeing CST-100 Selected as Next American Spacecraft
- LM Defense Weather Satellite Receives Operational Acceptance into DMSP Constellation
- Airbus Launches New Pivoting Overhead Carry-on Stowage Bins for A320 Family With Order from Delta Air Lines
- NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory Finds Planet That Makes Star Act Deceptively Old
- Boeing Completes Design Review for USAF's Talon HATE Program
- Violent Origins of Disc Galaxies Probed by ALMA
- Airbus and Zodiac Aerospace Launch ''Space-Flex v2'' Cabin Option
- Boeing Reveals New Avionics Capability at AUTOTEST
- Telephonics Awarded Contract to Supply CTD Systems for FAA Program
- Honeywell And Thales To Offer Next-Generation High-Speed GX Ka-band In-Flight Connectivity To Airbus A350XWB
- Snecma and RTI International Metals Sign Titanium Aluminide Supply Agreement for LEAP Engine Program
- NASA Chooses American Companies to Transport US Astronauts to ISS
- NGC Launches New ATC Communication Portfolio