We are proud to announce the 20th annual Military Airlift and Air-to-Air Refuelling conference and exhibition will be hosted in Lisbon from the 3rd - 4th December 2019, with an additional post-conference site visit on the 5th December.
Developing on the 2018 edition, this year's conference remains the definitive calendar date for the international air mobility and airlift community - providing crucial updates across the heavy & tactical airlift, rotary wing and AAR sectors.
As the world has globalised, the need to deploy and sustain forces from the air remains a mission critical enabler. Similarly, the utility of maintaining airpower through effective AAR has repeatedly demonstrated in recent NATO-led operations, including Operation Inherent Resolve and Operation Shader across Syria.
Delivering this capability, as asset costs rise, and budgets shrink remains a key theme for this year's meeting - as pooling and sharing efforts continue to drive pan-European cooperation. Similarly, integrating commercial solutions into the combined effort and where this can provide the lowest opportunity cost continues to be explored.
With over 120 attendees, 3 drinks receptions, 8 hours of networking and an exclusive site visit to Montijo Airbase - the Military Airlift and Air-Air Refuelling Conference essential platform for military and industry to share comprehensive discussions on the future of this capability.
Benefits of Attending
- Listen to briefings from key allied partners across the strategic and tactical airlift sectors and develop an understanding of programme developments and future requirements
- Refined focus on the air-to-air refuelling market and how this critical enabler provides mission support
- Industry presentations from key commercial partners across the domain including Embraer, Leonardo, Airbus and TLD
- Learn about key topics within the Military Airlift and AAR community including rotary wing AAR and airlift, resource pooling efforts, humanitarian and disaster relief airlift and rapid response and delivery capability
Post Conference site visit:
Montijo Air Base
5th December 2019 | 09.00 - 13.00 | Hosted by the Portuguese Air force
- Laurent Donnet, Managing Director, Avidonn Consulting
Expert Military Speakers Include:
- Air Chief Marshall Antonio Carlos Moretti Bermudez, Chief of Staff, Brazilian Air force
- Major General Laurent Marboeuf, Commander, European Air Transport Command*
- Brigadier General Pedro Alexandre Entradas Salvada, Director, Engineering and Programmes Directorate, Portuguese Air force
- Brigadier General Oliver fabre, Air Mobility Commander, french Air force
- Colonel James Sparrow, Commander, Heavy Airlift Wing
- Colonel Hernandez Quinones, Section Chief, Coronel Jele, Spanish Air force
- Colonel Eric Herbaut, Commander, MCCE
- Colonel Byron Newell, Commandant, AATTC, US Air National Guard
- Colonel Jurgen van der Biezen, MMF Unit Commander, Dutch Air force
- Mr Jan de Kinderen, MRTT Chief, NATO Support and Procurement Agency
- Lieutenant Colonel Harald Struzyna, Head of Department Heavy Lift Transport, German Air force
- Mr Philippe Martou, Chief Preparedness - OSEP, World food Programme
- Ms Michelle Toma, Section Chief, KC-135 International Acquisitions, AFLCMC, US Air force
Expert Industry Speakers Include:
- Mr Simon Johns, VP Business Development and Sales, Embraer Defence and Security
- Mr Julian Stinton, Marketing and Sales, TLD
- Mr Matias Magnasco, Government Account Manager, Jetex
- Mr Mal Sandford, Senior VP, Skytech