Have we been stressing focus on the wrong region?
The international boundary between Canada and the United States runs 5,525 miles long. On one hand, the border is home to some of the most vital economic gateways that account for trillions of dollars in trade and travel - on the other hand, the US border protects the country from the illegal movement of contraband, weapons, drugs even people.
The Border Management North Summit will bring together Heads of Acquisition, Program Managers, Admirals and Commanders from the Department of Homeland Security, the Counter-terrorism Division, Directors of Intelligence from the FBI and DEA and more.
Over the span of 3 days, we will discuss efforts to:
- Enhance Border Security operations through better information sharing, improved domain awareness and integrated operations
- Facilitate and safeguard lawful trade and travel by enhancing rapid inspection and screening
- Enforce a fair trade environment and strengthening border infrastructure
- Promote cross-border resiliency by supporting response and recovery capabilities between federal, state, local and tribal Canadian partners.
In order to complete an effective mission of protecting the US, the DHS is continuously working to secure the country's borders and CBP personnel are making it their duty to guard America's front lines by preventing terrorists from entering the homeland.
Join us for this year's iteration of the Border Management North Summit and collaborate with peers to discuss challenges and solutions for the way forward!
- Nelson Balido, Chairman, Chairman Border Commerce and Security Council Former DHS Homeland Security Advisory Council and Executive Director FEMA Private Sector Office
- Jonathan McEntee, Acting Director of Science and Technology Directorate/ Advanced Research Projects Agency/Borders and Maritime Security Division, Department of Homeland Security
- Mark Sledge, Executive Director, Air and Marine Operations
- Douglas Harrison, Chief Patrol Agent, U.S. Border Patrol
- Jason Owens, Chief Patrol Agent, Houlton Maine U.S. Border Patrol
- Michael J. Harrison, Associate Chief, U.S. Border Patrol
- Maurice T. Gill, Assistant Chief US Border Patrol HQ, Law Enforcement Operations Directorate-Liaison
- Andrew Weed, Supervisory Program Manager - Trade, Field Operations, Detroit Field Office, CBP
- Bradley Audette, Border Patrol Intelligence Agent, DHS/NYSIC
- Richard Deriso, Senior Law Enforcement Advisor, Counterterrorism Division/eGuardian, FBI
- Darryl Pugh, Supervisory Special Agent, Homeland Security Investigations
- Kevin Keane (Insp.), Officer in Charge, Windsor Detachment, Ontario Div., Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Eric Barr, Chief, Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM), DHS
- Christopher Sharp, DENT System Owner, Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM), DHS