Aker Yards and Alstom Marine Complete TransactionAker Yards and ALSTOM announced on 4 January 2006 their intention to join forces in shipbuilding. The transaction was concluded during a signature ceremony in Paris 31 May 2006.
Reference is made to the company disclosure dated 4 January 2006 in respect of the establishment of a new company consisting of ALSTOM's shipyards in Saint-Nazaire and Lorient. All the necessary approvals from authorities have now been received, and all other conditions have been lifted. In connection with the closing of the transaction the new company has received a committed offer of EUR 550 million in construction financing to finish its current backlog of cruise ships. The financing is underwritten by a syndicate of four international banks.
The Global Police Modernization and Counter Terrorism Market 2014-2024
A new company with the name Aker Yards SA has been established to which Chantiers de l'Atlantique will transfer its employees, assets and cruise ships contracts. Aker Yards SA consists of the shipyards in Saint-Nazaire and Lorient, and will be a part of the Cruise & Ferries business area in Aker Yards. Aker Yards owns 75 % of Aker Yards SA, and ALSTOM the remaining 25 % until 2010. Mr Jacques Hardelay will take over as Managing Director of Aker Yards SA from June 1st. Mr Hardelay is currently holding the position as Chief Operating Officer at Chantiers de l' Atlantique. Mr Hardelay will report to Mr Yrjo Julin, the President of Cruise & Ferries business area in Aker Yards.
By being part of Aker Yards, Aker Yards SA will benefit from a broadened product range and strong industrial synergies. Aker Yards Cruise & Ferries business area will be a unique and innovative force in the cruise market.
Aker Yards Cruise & Ferries business area will benefit from a unique design competence, combining the long tradition of French and Finnish cruise shipbuilding that has produced icons such as SS France, Queen Mary 2, the Voyager class and the Freedom class ships.
Aker Yards now has 15 yards in 6 countries, and more than 16 000 employees.
Your company’s press release on ASDNews and to thousands of other journalists and editors? Use our ASDWire press release distribution service.
Source : Aker Yards