Cubic to Feature Range of Integrated Communication Solutions
- Newly acquired Vocality, Inc. to showcase communication and optimization products as part of Cubic Mission Solutions
Cubic Mission Solutions (CMS), a business division of Cubic Corporation (NYSE: CUB), today announced that it will display Cubic | GATR’s line of inflatable satellite communications antennas in addition to recently acquired Cubic | Vocality’s communication and optimization products at SATELLITE 2017, held in Washington, D.C. from March 6 – 9. SATELLITE is the largest annual gathering for the industry community, bringing together companies and leaders to discuss issues and technology breakthroughs.
“SATELLITE will be the first formal event for Vocality since its acquisition by Cubic late last year,” said Mike Twyman, president of Cubic Mission Solutions. “We look forward to continuing our integration of technologies in CMS in order to offer the best comprehensive Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions to enable our customers’ next mission.”
Global Fixed Satellite Service Market 2016-2020
With a focus on the reduction in operational costs through bandwidth optimizations and enhancements to voice and video quality over satellite and wireless, Vocality will be displaying the following at its booth #1930:
- OPUS Suite: A family of software products designed to offer the best-in-network optimization and acceleration. The modular application-based design of the software delivers great flexibility and future scope for a wide range of additional software applications.
- Radio over Internet Protocol (RoIP): Provides the ability for radio networks to be extended across multiple sites or campuses utilizing wireless technologies including cellular and satellite. Vocality RoIP supports many different radio manufacturers and frequencies, dispatch systems and integrates with industry standard telephone systems; allowing customers to create a unified communications network regardless of where they are located in the world.
- ELITE Fusion: The ultimate device for secure portable team communications over public networks including cellular, satellite and fixed-line networks.
At SATELLITE, GATR will be introducing two new technologies: the GATR-FLEX®, a 0.75-meter foldable satellite antenna that weighs less than 20 pounds, and the ruggedized GATR 950 modem, based on iDirect Velocity™ technology. The two products make a highly efficient data transfer terminal that maximizes the portability of sub-meter satellite communications with high-throughput satellites (HTS).
In addition, GATR will be exhibiting the following inflatable, ultra-portable satellite antennas that perform similar to rigid deployable antennas of similar size, but up to 90 percent reduction in the logistical size/weight of those systems at its booth #2015:
- 1.2-meter man-packable satellite terminal.
- 2.4-meter ultra-portable satellite terminal.
- 4.0-meter satellite terminal, weighing less than 400 pounds and packs in four cases.
Source : Cubic Corporation (NYSE: CUB) - view original press release