Introduction of Coalescence Mixed Reality Training System
For the first time in the international defense community, Rockwell Collins will introduce Coalescence, a mixed reality training system for air, land and maritime domains at Avalon 2017.
Also at the show, Rockwell Collins will:
Augmented and Virtual Reality - Global Market Outlook (2015-2022)
- Host a Live, Virtual and Constructive (LVC) demonstration connecting its booth in Geelong, Australia, with the company’s headquarters in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- Demonstrate wideband high frequency capability from a ground station to a C-17A aircraft, in coordination with the Royal Australian Air Force.
- Announce its contract with Thales Australia to integrate the Digital Terminal Control System into the Integral Computing System of the Hawkei Protected Mobility Vehicle-Light.
“Our strong relationship with the Australian Air Force is the result of working together to create integrated, connected and joint solutions that keep warfighters and citizens safe,” said Jim Walker, vice president and managing director, Asia Pacific for Rockwell Collins. "We're bringing these capabilities to light at the Avalon Air Show by demonstrating our latest innovations that map to our customers goals of increasing interoperability and cost sensitivity.”
At the company’s exhibit (Hall 3, Stand F7), experts from Rockwell Collins will be available to discuss and demonstrate key offerings for the following solutions. These include:
- Coalescence mixed reality system – Mixed reality training for air, land and sea domains
- Live, Virtual, Constructive training – Comprehensive, interoperable, secure and available today
- - Joint Secure Air combat training System (JSAS)- Next-generation system for secure, tactically relevant operational training featuring certified encryption featuring Multiple Levels of Security that is in production today
- Virtual Avionics Procedures Trainer - Provides rotary and fixed-wing crews with a training experience that uses the same avionics display information and operational functionality on the ground as in the air
- TacNet Tactical Radio - Vital Link 16 situational awareness communication for small, space-constrained platforms
- Wearable FireStorm integrated targeting system – Enables joint terminal attack controllers (JTAC) and joint fires observers (JFO) to seamlessly integrate with airborne assets. Flexible, wearable solution for ground targeting, air support and call-for-fire missions.
- Network Tactical Gateway – Integrated joint fires solution that delivers certified variable message format and Link 16 interoperability
- RealFires - an integrated set of capabilities that allows joint terminal attack controllers (JTACs) to train for certification, and allows joint fires operators to rehearse missions
- DAS Optical Assembly on display at the F-35 Expo - multifunction infrared system that provides passive, spherical battlespace awareness for F-35 pilots
- Wideband High Frequency Communications - Internet protocol, or IP, over wideband high frequency communications for interoperable air, sea and land applications, disaster relief and border protection
Source : Rockwell Collins - view original press release