USMC Awards Contract for Next Generation Battery Charger
- Long Island-based Energy Solutions Manufacturer, Bren-Tronics, Inc., to Deliver Rugged, Portable Charger Systems
The United States Marine Corps selected Bren-Tronics, Inc. to deliver the Advanced Battery Charger (ABC) which is the next generation of Military-grade battery chargers. The investment is part of the Marine Corps Systems Command (MARCORSYSCOM) 2016 Acquisition Strategy. The ABC charger investment will transform operational energy capabilities for the user in the field. The one-year contract includes four option years for a total value of up to $38 million. Deliveries are to start in Q4 2016.
Global Military UAV Market Forecast to 2022
- The Bren-Tronics Advanced Battery Charger is a portable battery charging solution that offers next-generation improvements in size, weight and efficiency, while providing selectable power, faster charging times, increased environmental survivability, and other significant innovations.
- The charger is designed to quickly and efficiently charge current and future-format military and commercial batteries used on communication, electronics, robots and other tactical platforms.
- The U.S.M.C. selected an industry pioneer with over four decades of proven portable power experience, having already shipped over 50,000 portable battery chargers for world-wide use.
- Battery charging capabilities include, but are not limited to: BB-2590/U, BB-390B/U, BB-2557/U, Conformal Wearable Battery (CWB) and many others.
- Accepts multiple power inputs including universal AC, wide range DC, power from solar panels, fuel cells, wind turbines, etc.
Per Sai Fung, Bren-Tronics, Inc. President and CEO, "Bren-Tronics' selection by the US Marine Corps reflects on our ability to manufacture the highest quality and most flexible portable charging solutions. We are truly honored to have been selected by the USMC and look forward to continuing our partnership with the Corps, providing innovative products, made in the United States."
Source : Bren-Tronics, Inc. - view original press release
Apr 3 - 6, 2017 - Washington, United States