Future Mortar Systems Conference
- Redefining the Mortar System for the Future Operating Environment
- 25 October, 2016 - 27 October, 2016, London, United Kingdom
The 6th Annual Future Mortar Systems conference is the premier international forum for military thought-leaders, program managers and industry experts to engage with and debate the most pertinent issues surrounding contemporary and future mortar systems and the drivers of indirect firepower technology. The long-standing success of this event lies in its dedication to ensure an open and solution-driven dialogue between key stakeholders in the field, and we look forward to continuing this trend in October through the conference's diverse programme of speakers and industry supporters.
In previous events, the conference has given a platform to subject matter experts to discuss a whole range of issues, from live-fire and simulation training to precision-guided mortars, ongoing platform upgrades, and indirect fire strategy. Whilst the 2016 Conference will continue to advance these important issues, it will also explore new and emerging topics at the forefront of strategic and technological thinking in defence, such as digitized weapons system vulnerabilities, munitions safety, and the employment of organic firepower in the Special Forces.
Global Military UAV Market Forecast to 2022
The event is also international in its scope, with early confirmed speakers for the 2016 event from the U.S, Canada, Australia, Brazil, Denmark, and France. This will ensure that military personnel from across the world can share lessons learned and best practice with their contemporaries which, in this ever-volatile threat environment, is perhaps more important than ever.
What are the benefits of attending this year?
- Gain exclusive insight from international mortar operators on their capabilities, future requirements and operational experience
- Crucially, what strategies or technologies are being used to enhance accuracy, range, and lethality, whilst also ensuring logistical simplicity and mobility for the infantry?
- Network with the global mortars community, all in attendance to address urgent challenges and explore new avenues for cooperation and improvement in capabilities
- Learn about the most recent and upcoming developments in mortar technologies including: precision-guided munitions, digital command and control systems, cyber security for weapons systems, insensitive munitions, and simulations
- Gain access to new doctrinal thinking on the future role of infantry indirect firepower from senior military officials
- Get a rare opportunity to share expertise and operational experience with the cyber community and the Special Forces
Meet the Speakers
- Major General Timothy McGuire, Deputy Commanding General, U.S. Army Europe
- Colonel Serhii Mitchenko, Head of Brigade Artillery Group, Ukrainian Land Forces
- Lieutenant Colonel Andrea Bandieri, ACOS Training Innovation & Interoperability, Joint Special Forces Command HQ
- Major Adam White, School of Artillery, Australian Army
- Lieutenant Colonel Gomes Ferreira Pinto Eduardo, Guarani R&D Project, Brazilian Army
- Lieutenant Colonel Al Brown, SO1 Land Concepts, Development, Concepts and Doctrine Centre, UK Ministry of Defence
- Lieutenant Colonel Antonio Piñana, Directorate of Doctrine, Organization and Materials, Spanish Army
- Lieutenant Colonel Martin Šufajzl, General Staff, Czech Armed Forces
- Major Eric Pickelsimer, Director, Officer Instruction, U.S. Marine Corps
- Major Nils Carlsson, Future Organisation Development Officer, Swedish Army
- Major Andrew Nicholson, Chief Instructor-in-Gunnery, The Royal Regiment of Canadian Artillery School, Canadian Armed Forces
- Major Aaron West, SO2 Lethality, British Army HQ Capability Directorate
- Major Fabien Stassinet, Land Forces Command, French Army
- Major Michael Johnsson, Head of Guns & Mortar Branch, Danish Army Combat & Fire Support Centre
- Major Richard Sawyer, Chief Instructor, Mortar Division
- Staff Sergeant James Mittens, OC Munitions Trg Sqn, DEMS Trg Regt, British Army
- First Lieutenant Jacob Ahle, Battalion Assistant Operations Officer, Airborne, U.S. Army
- Gunnery Sergeant Osman Lima, Cannoneer School Course Chief, U.S. Marine Corps
- Dr Jide Okeke, Head of Policy Development, Peace Support Operations, African Union Commission
- Mr Ben Goodlad, Principal Weapons Analyst, IHS Jane's
- Ms Patricia Alameda, CM, Mortars and Common Fire Control Systems Division, ARDEC, U.S Army
- Mr Martin Pope, TSO, Munitions Systems, Munitions Safety Information Analysis Center (MSIAC)
- Mr Michael Wright, Mortars and Common Fire Control Systems Division, ARDEC, U.S. Army
- Mr Christopher Foss, Independent, Consultant
Source : ASDEvents
May 15 - 16, 2017 - Prague, Czech Republic