Additive Manufacturing for Defense and Aerospace Conference
- Next Generation Requirements for Advanced Manufacturing Initiatives
- 28 September, 2016 - 30 September, 2016, Arlington, VA, United States
In recent years, Additive Manufacturing technology has advanced so rapidly that machinery is capable of making elements so complex that we can only analyze them by physical testing. This is a major reason why certifying these components to safety and reliability standards in mission critical functions is such a challenge. Despite these challenge, huge advantages in improving supply chain and structural capability are possible and outweigh any issues to attain them.
With new techniques such as crowdsourcing being considered to generate novel solutions by the military, Additive Manufacturing has the strong potential to become a truly grassroots movement to dramatically increase our military and aerospace capabilities in a short time frame. Evolving alongside this are advances in materials, in situ monitoring, and increases in build volumes with decreased production times. Come learn how to capitalize on this revolutionary capability in your agency!
Global Military Aircraft Modernisation and Upgrade and Retrofit Market 2015-2019
What are the Benefits of Attending?
- Get face to face with program manager senior military officials and OEMs, and be able to provide real time feedback in thought provoking discussions
- Learn the latest developments in technology before it's news!
- Brainstorm with peers to generate solutions to current challenges, or share ideas to solicit feedback
- Build collaborative partnerships with military and industry representatives in our workshops and networking breaks
- Examine new technologies being developed and explore the ramifications for the industry
- Establish yourself and your agency as subject matter experts in this new technology, and gain credibility in the industry
- Help shape the future of our country's Additive Manufacturing programs in our highly interactive workshop sessions!
Topics we'll cover during the conference include:
- Advances in 3D printing materials
- 3D printing in situ monitoring and in stride correction
- Survey of current printing methods and suitable applications
- Additively manufactured circuitry and antennas
- Designing additive manufacturing airworthiness and spaceworthiness certification standards
- Large scale and rapid 3D printing advances
- Expeditionary manufacturing: component development in austere and combat environments
- Environmental impacts in printed component quality and reliability
- Modular and disposable drones on demand
- Big data in 3D printing and additive manufacturing development
- Pre-printing process improvements: building better slices and tool paths
- Using additive manufacturing for low cost rapid tooling and mold development
- Incorporating additive manufacturing into supply chain: true on demand replacement parts
- Additive manufacturing using locally available materials
- Zero gravity additive manufacturing
- Improving sub geometries in 3D printing
- Partnering Computer Aided Design and additive manufacturing research
Charles Miller (Raytheon)
''Great understanding of all different types/categories of AM technologies currently used in the industry.''
Kevin Tevis (US Army- ARDEC)
''Opened by eyes to how advanced AM has become and introduced me to new possibilities, knowledge, know-how, and contacts.''
(Phygen Coatings, Inc.)
Meet the Speakers
- LTC John Schmitt Military Deputy for AMRDEC, US Army
- Jennifer Wolk, Manager, Naval Sea Systems Command
- Beth Paquette, Aerospace Engineer at Goddard Space Flight Center, NASA
- Li Ma, Principal Finite Element Analyst, National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Prabhjot Singh, Manager of Additive Manufacturing Lab, GE Global Research
- Ola Harrysson, Co-Director of CAMAL and Fitts Fellow in Biomedical Manufacturing, North Carolina State University
- Carl Johnson, SVP Technology, Norsk Titanium
- Charles Miller, Gordon Engineering Fellow, Raytheon
- William Cass, Partner, Cantor Colburn
Source : ASDEvents
Sep 28 - 30, 2016 - Arlington, United States