ERJ-145XR Commercial Service United Express
CommutAir today began commercial service with its inaugural flight on the ERJ-145XR jet from Washington, DC to Columbia, SC.
"This flight represents the culmination of months of effort by our team of professionals who have been developing the processes and programs for launching the ERJ-145XR jets," said Subodh Karnik, President & CEO at CommutAir. "The tremendous growth we have underway presents a significant opportunity for current and future employees."
Global Commercial Aircraft Industry 2015 Market Research Report
"Our entire team should be commended for their efforts to achieve this important milestone," said Joel T. Raymond, Chief Operating Officer at CommutAir. "At approximately 8:15am this morning, flight UA4996 operated by CommutAir departed Washington, DC to Columbia, SC carrying the pride of our 600 plus team members. It's a pretty cool feeling and something we are all excited about as we execute our growth plans to triple the size of our operations over the next two years."
The significant growth at CommutAir is leading to unprecedented hiring and advancement opportunities within all functional areas of the Company. In particular, CommutAir expects the addition of forty jets to the fleet to drive an accelerated need for pilot hiring and promotions at its Dulles and Newark bases. To address this, CommutAir has designed what it believes to be an industry leading pay and benefits package that includes:
- $15,000 sign-on bonus & rapid position upgrades for qualified applicants
- Unparalleled Commuter Policy including company paid commuter hotels
- Top-tier Pay and benefits including vacation, 401K match & health care
- Career Path Program – offering qualified pilots the opportunity to move to United subject to program terms and conditions
- Industry leading advancement opportunities for all captain qualified candidates
Source : CommutAir - view original press release