SGT to Provide End-to-End Fire Protection to US Navy
- SGT chosen as one of six primes on $49M Multiple Award Construction Contract
- Fire protection installation and repairs to be performed at Navy installations in seven southern states and several sites outside the continental United States (OCONUS)
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. (SGT) has been awarded a Multiple Award Construction Contract (MACC) by the Department of the Navy’s Naval Facilities Engineering Command Southeast (NAVFAC). As a prime under this contract, SGT will now have the opportunity to bid on NAVFAC task orders for fire protection installation or repairs to include design capabilities.
- Most of the work sought by the Navy under this contract will consist of:
- Fire suppression systems (wet, dry, pre-action, wet chemical, deluge and high speed deluge and ultra-high speed deluge);
- Water supplies (fire pumps, tanks and underground water mains);
- Low and high expansion foam, gaseous (carbon dioxide and clean agent) special hazardous protection; and
- Fire alarm systems (detection, reporting and mass communication)
The Navy will seek this work at its sites in the states of South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Tennessee, as well as Guantanamo Bay, Cuba and the Bahamas.
Global Military UAV Market Forecast to 2022
“SGT is proud to have been given the opportunity by the U.S. Navy to leverage Siemens’ considerable fire alarm and mass notification expertise. These capabilities will improve infrastructure readiness at Navy and Marine Corps installations,” said Barbara Humpton, SGT’s President and Chief Executive Officer.
Source : Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. - view original press release
Jul 4 - 6, 2017 - London, United Kingdom