IEE Wins JCREW I1B1 Contract
IEE, manufacturer of enhanced displays for military and industrial applications, was awarded a contract for a 3.5-inch hand-held CDU used in the Northrop Grumman Joint Counter Radio-Controlled Improvised Explosive Device (RCIED) Electronic Warfare (JCREW) Increment 1 Block 1 (I1B1). IEE’s CDU will be used in the low-rate initial production of this jammer system. Developed for U.S. Naval Sea Systems Command, (NAVSEA), JCREW I1B1 systems are software-programmable jammers that provide protection from device-triggered improvised explosive devices (IEDs).
IEE is well known for their array of hand-held control display units (HH CDU’s) designed to control military equipment ranging from radios to air-defense systems to IED jammers. Northrop Grumman selected a 3.5-inch microprocessor-based CDU with a dual backlit QVGA color LCD display for sunlight readability and NVIS, along with a sealed 9-key keypad.
Global Defense Counter-IED Systems Market 2016-2020
“IEE consistently saves our customers time and money with field-proven products that qualify as Non-Developmental Items (NDI) with minor modifications,” said Tom Whinfrey, CEO of IEE. “We’ve been working with Northrop Grumman for quite some time though the developmental stages of this critical project and are delighted to continue to the production phase.”
IEE 3.5-Inch Hand Held Graphic Control Display Unit Features:
- Display size: 3.5"
- Display technology: TFT color transflective LCD
- Contrast ratio: 20:1 typical (reflective mode), 150:1 typical (transmissive mode)
- Backlight technology: NVG, NVIS
- Operating temperature: -20ºC to 70ºC with heater
- Sealing/immersion: submersion to 1m for 2 hours
- Snap-dome buttons with tactile feedback that operate with MOPP-4 glove
- Lightweight case of Ultem high-temp glass-filled thermoplastic
- EMI/EMC: Meets MIL-STD-461/462
Source : Industrial Electronic Engineers - view original press release
Jan 23 - 25, 2017 - Washington, United States