International Security Cooperation Summit
- 29 August, 2016 - 31 August, 2016, Tampa, FL, United States
Building a Comprehensive Approach to Enable, Train and Equip Central Region Security Partners
''We will continue to operate in close concertwith our allies and partners... because no country alone can address the globalized challenges we collectively face.''
Quadrennial Defense Review
We are pleased to announce the International Security Cooperation Summit, the latest event in our Special Operations Series of events, providing an in-depth look at current and future requirements to build partner capacity, working within the framework of our multilateral, regional, and bilateral defense relations within the Central Region.
Global Military UAV Market Forecast to 2022
Over the three day summit, we will look at opportunities to engage stakeholders from government, academia, and industry to better address Building Partner Capacity in the Central Region. We will take an in-depth look at increasing return-on-investment cooperation in the security sector, including programs to Train and Equip forces to conduct Counterterrorism (CT) and Stability Operations. We will also look at requirements to develop partner nation Special Operations Forces (SOF) capacity, Border Security, Maritime Security, Logistics, Civil Affairs, Defense Institutions, and others.
We will kick off the summit with a deep-dive focus day examining security cooperation activities specifically focused on addressing the transnational threat posed by ISIL. Countering this deadly violent extremist organization is not just about find, fix and finish - it necessitates a comprehensive approach with coordination and cooperative activities across the full-spectrum of activity with our partners. We will look at specific capability development, sustainment of that capability, strategic goals, and the necessary adaptability of programs to anticipate and respond to emergent and dynamic requirements.
Topics we'll cover in the main conference include:
- Developing and Fielding C-IED capability to Partner Nations in the Central Region
- Building Afghan SOF Sustainment: Concurrent Development of ''Tail'' to Match ''Tooth''
- Institution Building in Support of Iraqi Security Forces
- Enabling Direct Partner Support for Flexible Capability to Respond to a Range of Threats/Crises
- Building Maritime Domain Awareness / Maritime Security Capacity
- Cost-effective Tactical ISR Support
- Building Civil Affairs Capacity / Central Region Civil-Military Cooperation Requirements
- Linking Roadmap to Resources : Integrated Country Strategies
2016 Speakers include:
- Hon. Andrew Shapiro, Former Assistant Secretary of State, Bureau of Political Military Affairs
- MG Gordon B. Davis US Army, Commanding General, Combined Security Transition Command - Afghanistan (CSTC-A)
- MG Daniel R. Ammerman US Army, Commanding General, U.S. Army Civil Affairs and Psychological Operations Command (Airbourne)
- Brig Gen Billy D. Thompson, Director, Regional Affairs, Office of the Deputy Under Secretary of the Air Force, International Affairs, HQ USAF
- James W. Raycraft, Building Parterships/Security Cooperation Strategy, Joint Staff J5
- Dr. Joseph Catalino, Senior Adviser, Office of the ASD for Special Operations and Low Intensity Conflict, OSD (Policy)
- COL Jim Lowe US Army, Director, Joint Center for International Security Force Assistance (JCISFA), Joint Staff J7, Joint Force Development
- Prof. James Q. Roberts, OSD Chair, Eisenhower School, National Defense University
- Mark M. Huber, Middle East Regional Division Chief & PME Program Manager, U.S. Defense Governance and Management Team
- Dr. Mark Moyar, Senior Fellow, author of "Aid for Elites", Joint Special Operations University
- Colonel Sufian S.A. Alslaihat, Liaison to USSOCOM, Jordan Special Operations Forces
- LTC Tyler Faulk, Recent Branch Chief at the Security Assistance Office, Afghanistan, now stationed in the National Capital Region, US Army
- Bruce A. Donaldson, Manager, Handheld ISR, Red Hen Systems
- LTC(R) Brett Mott, Chairperson, 2016 IQPC International Security Cooperation Summit
- Brig Gen Imre Porkolab, PhD (HDF), NATO SACT representative to the Pentagon, NATO
Source : ASDEvents
Jun 7 - 8, 2017 - Arlington, United States
May 15 - 16, 2017 - Prague, Czech Republic