Integrated Air & Missile Defence Eastern Europe Conference
- 26 July, 2016 - 28 July, 2016, Bucharest, Romania
Air & Missile Defence: The Top Priority for Eastern Europe
With extensive aggression coming from the East combined with a rapid increase in varied and unexpected threats from non-state actors in the Middle East, Eastern Europe is once again taking on the role as Europe's front line defender. With this in mind, key regional actors are intensifying the command and control of their airspace to protect against ballistic and non-ballistic missiles as well as unauthorised foreign aircraft.
Such prioritisation has seen nations such as Romania actively strive to hit NATO's 2% Defence Spending target through the extensive acquisition of new airborne threat detection, inception and communication systems. In addition to the modernisation of legacy capabilities, regional integration is becoming a pillar of Eastern Europe's air defence strategy. Designed to spread capability across the region such collaboration will ensure all nations are protected against these very real threats despite their location, allies and air defence capabilities.
Global Military UAV Market Forecast to 2022
With this in mind, the Romanian Armed Forcess are assisting our 2nd Integrated Air and Missile Defence Eastern Europe conference to provide regional allies and industry leaders a forum to learn, share the lessons learned from recent air defence operations, current capability development programs and the latest in air defence technology.
Bringing together over 150 Defence Ministers, Chiefs of Staff, Commanders of Air Defence, Heads of Procurement and Industry Executives from across the region, IAMD EE provides an critical forum for international information sharing and engagement designed to strengthen messages of cooperation with key regional allies, industry partners and counterparts across the world.
Meeting the Needs of the Region:
- Engage in end-goal focused debates regarding the future of integrated air defence and regional integration to develop an effective joint strategy to maximise national and regional security
- Join your military and industry colleagues at the Drinks Reception and Gala Dinner to engage in knowledge sharing and networking beyond the conference room
- Mould the future of air defence by debating and assessing the strategic direction and considerations being formed by the regions Commanders to align to the future of regional air defence
- Participate in discussions with Military Decision Makers from the likes of Romania, Bulgaria, Poland, Hungary and Georgia to determine current and future requirements, procurements and capability needs
What's New For 2016!
- What is the future of regional coordination between and integration of Air Defence and Early Warning assets? How far have nations progressed with their national integration efforts?
- Take part in discussions regarding the upgrade of National radar arrays. How are nations planning to pool these assets and mutually benefit from their early warning capabilities?
- A specific focus on the countries in the region with the most significant requirements and challenges - how can their neighbours learn from their experience of Air Defence and the value of the current
- industry solutions to those nations?
- Mr. Zoran Jolevski, Minister of Defence, Republic of Macedonia
- His Excellency Ambassador Sorin Ducaru, Assistant Secretary General,, Emerging Security Challenges Division, NATO Headquarters
- Mr Mustafa Seker, Deputy Undersecretary for System Projects and Logistics, Turkish SSM
- Lieutenant General Serhyi Drozdov, Commander, Ukraine Air Force
- Major General Laurian Anastasof, Commander, Romanian Air Force
- Major General CAfltAfllin-Adrian Moraru, Chief of Armaments Department,Romanian Ministry of Defence
- Major General Rumen Radev, Commander, Bulgarian Air Force
- Colonel Pál SzA+/-cs, Acting Chief of Staff, Hungarian Air Force
- Colonel Davit Abramishvili, Commander, Aviation and Air Defence, Georgian Armed Forces
- Colonel Nick Saywer, Commander Joint GBAD, UK Ministry of Defence
- Lieutenant Colonel Vasili Iluridze, Commander, Aviation Defence Brigade, Georgian Armed Forces
- Major Torbjörn Johannesson, Project Lead- Future GBAD System, Air Defence Regiment, Swedish Armed Forces
- Mr. Manfred Eggers, Programme Manager, Communications, Air and Missile Defense Programme, NATO Support Agency
- Senior Officer, Operational, Command, Polish Armed Forces
Source : ASDEvents
Jun 26 - 28, 2017 - Washington, United States
Mar 29 - 30, 2017 - London, United Kingdom