VA Healthcare 2016 Conference
- Developing Solutions for the Next Generation of Veteran Care
- 16 May, 2016 - 18 May, 2016, Arlington, VA, United States
The U.S. population holds a greater concentration of military veterans than at any time since WWII. This vastly higher presence of veterans has caused the VA Health Care system to be overrun with new patients. Over the past few years, the VA has been working tirelessly to completely restructure the entire organization top to bottom to increase efficiency and capacity.
Come hear from senior veteran healthcare officials and experts as we explore the road ahead for strengthening the VA Health Care system, and learn of the latest developments and how you can implement them locally.
The Global C4ISR Market 2014-2024
Meet industry leaders offering cutting edge innovation, and network with other professionals to explore refining best practices in a collaborative environment. VA Healthcare Summit 2016 will offer you professional growth with our CME certified sessions in addition to directly contributing to the well being of our veterans who have sacrificed for our country.
Topics covered during the conference include:
- Alternative/Complementary Medicine for Veterans
- PTSD, Invisible Wounds and Traumatic Brain Injury
- Alternative Coverage Options
- Developments in Women’s Care
- Electronic Medical Records
- Telehealth Options
- Addressing the Nursing Shortage
- Advances in Prosthetics
- How to Manage Your Claim
- and much more
- David Shulkin, Under Secretary for Health, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Danny Pummill, Acting Under Secretary of Benefits, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Carolyn Clancy, Deputy Under Secretary for Health for Organizational Excellence, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Dr. Robin Hemphill, Acting Assistant Deputy Under Secretary for Quality, Safety and Value, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Dr. Ali Sonel, Chief of Staff for Veteran Affairs Pittsburgh Healthcare System, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Dr. Heather Woodward-Hagg, Acting Director Veterans Engineering Resource Center, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Allison Hickey, Former Under Secretary for Benefits, Formerly of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Mr. Steven Schliesman, Assistant Deputy Chief Information Officer and Project Management, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Dr. Tara Galovski, Director of Women's Health Sciences Division, National Center for PTSD, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Ms. Jean Gurga, Chief of the Office of Quality, Safety, & Value, Aleda E. Lutz Veteran Affairs Medical Center
- Dr. James Couch, Chief of the Clinical Neurophysiology Laboratory, Oklahoma VAMC, U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs
- Dr. Anthony Tersigni, President and Chief Executive Officer, Ascension
- Dr. W. P. Andrew Lee, Professor and Chairman of the of Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Mr. Matthew Hill, Treasurer for National Organization of Veterans' Advocates, Managing Shareholder and Attorney, Hill & Ponton, P.A.
Source : ASDEvents