10th DoD/VA and Gov Health IT Summit
- Developing a Connected Health IT Ecosystem for Military and Government
- 2 May, 2016 - 3 May, 2016, Alexandria, VA, United States
Held since 2011, our Health IT Summits are a unique forum that allows for personnel from DoD, VA, Federal and State agencies to convene in one location along with leaders from Industry and Academia that support them. (*The Summit is neither officially endorsed or sanctioned by the Depts of VA and DoD.) Our "Town Hall" format is designed to encourage challenging discussion and dialogue amongst all in attendance.
Topics for This Year's Symposium
- EHR Modernization - VA's VistA Evolution Program and DHA's DHMSM program
- Innovation at DHA to move from healthcare to health
- Supporting Warfighter health in all environments through advanced health informatics
- Utilizing precision medicine to optimize treatment effectiveness and reduce costs
- Utilizing advanced analytics to improve population health
- Data sharing for improved care coordination
- The vision for telehealth at the VA: Addressing emerging capability gaps and challenging existing doctrine
- Patient engagement strategies
- DHA modernization and the impact on Health IT capabilities
- VA Acquisition efforts to build a connected health IT environment in the VA
Global Military UAV Market Forecast to 2022
At our Summit/Symposium you will have the ability
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing intelligence officers and analyst.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover some the latest technologies of processing, exploitation and dissemination of automated intelligence
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are given the opportunity to address our speaker faculty with their questions or comments and will receive a pre-Summit questionnaire for precise questions and subject matters you would like our speakers to address.
Why Should you Attend the Symposium?
Held since 2011, our Health IT Summits are a unique forum that allows for personnel from DoD, VA, Federal and State agencies to convene in one location along with leaders from Industry and Academia that support them. Our "Town Hall" format is designed to encourage challenging discussion and dialogue amongst all in attendance.
By keeping our forum off-the record and non-attribution, we allow for a level of stream of consciousness and shared ideas and thoughts to flow freely. Our agendas cover the most current priorities for our Military and Government health IT communities, and strive to achieve actionable takeaways for all in attendance.
We limit our attendance size to around 250 persons in order to allow everyone a chance to actively participate and to mix and mingle with each other easily over the two days we are together. However, due to our choice to limit seating, every iteration does sell out in advance, so we encourage you to explore our site more, give us a call if you have any questions, and we hope to welcome you in May!
2016 Early Confirmed Speakers:
- Craig Schaefer, Program Manager, Defense Healthcare Management Systems Modernization
- Dr. Jon White, Deputy National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, HHS
- Dr. Lauren Thompson, Director, DoD/VA IPO
- Dr. Alan Constantian, Assistant Deputy CIO for Product Management, VA
- COL Jacob Aaronson, USA, CMIO, Defense Healthcare Management Systems Modernization
- COL Richard Wilson, USA, Director, Solutions Delivery Division, DHA
Source : ASDEvents
Apr 26 - 28, 2017 - Washington, United States