Integrated Air & Missile Defence 2016 Conference
- 15 March, 2016 - 17 March, 2016, London, United Kingdom
The Gathering of the World's Air Defence Community
IAMD 2016 returns as the chosen forum of the global air defence community to discuss best practice, implementation of new technologies and TTPs, and innovative methods of increasing cooperation between international partners.
Air and missile defence has grown in importance for nations around the world: as the threats to national security and infrastructure have increased dramatically in recent years. The exacerbation of potential flashpoints around the world, from the Middle East to Eastern Europe and beyond have seen nations move swiftly to upgrade legacy systems and to increase the potency of their current defences.
However the threat grows ever more varied, with the proliferation of UAVs of various sizes and armament; an increasing number of (ballistic) missile-equipped nations; and CRAM threats across Asia and the Middle East.
Global Military Smart Weapons Industry 2016 Market Research Report
This year’s key questions include:
- How can air defenders be aided by the OEM and systems integrators to smooth the transition from legacy to contemporary assets?
- As threats become increasingly varied, what options are there for multi-modal air defence systems, such as directed energy, which can engage a range of targets? What benefits and limitations to these futuristic systems?
- In what ways can nations increase the integration of Air Defences across different planes, for example Ground-Based and Sea-Based, in an effort to create a more seamless reactive capability?
- What lessons can be transferred between GBAD commanders in different regions of the world, in terms of meeting operational challenges?
“well done – all panel discussions were well handled by the panel attendees. Everyone respected each others turns, opinions and thoughts”.
Director, Business Development, BAE Systems
Image Analyst, SatCen
“Excellent Briefings and very good value”
Editor, Janes IHS
“The event offered a comprehensive view of IAMD.”
Staff Officer, Romanian MO
- Major General Carlos Bueno Vargas, Commander, Colombian Air Force
- Brigadier General Albert Sáfár, Chief, Hungarian Air Force
- Brigadier General Dan Cavaleru, Deputy Chief, Romanian Air Force
- Brigadier General Michael Gschoßmann, Director Ground Based Operations, German Air Force
- Brigadier General Donald Fryc, Chief, 32nd AAMDC, US Army
- Colonel Tomasz Jakusz, Chief GBAD Specialist, Polish Armed Forces
- Colonel Peter Gielen, Chief of GBAD, Royal Netherlands Army
- Colonel Jan Sedliacik, Chief of the Air Defence Branch, General Staff of the Czech Republic
- Colonel Janell Eickhoff, Chief, 10th AAMDC, US Army
- Wing Commander Alun Walton, SO1 Air C2 Dev, DACOS Development 1, UK MoD
- Lieutenant Colonel Mattias Elfström, Air Defence Regiment, Swedish Armed Forces
- Lt. Colonel Esa Lappi, Senior Technical Officer, Finnish Defence Command
- Peter Woodmansee, Missile Defense Program Manager, EPOC Missile Defense Division Chief, US European Command
- Eric Desautels, Director, US Department of State
- Jakub Cimoradsky, Staff Officer, IAMD Section, NATO
- Paul Dendy, IAMD Section, Defence Investment Division, NATO
- Dr. Isaac Bankman, Associate Director, Office of Naval Research Global
Source : ASDEvents