Rockwell Collins' Pro Line Fusion upgrade now certified for Pro Line II-equipped King Air 350
Rockwell Collins has received a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) supplemental type certificate (STC) for its Pro Line Fusion® avionics upgrade for King Air 350 turboprops originally delivered with Pro Line II avionics. The STC was achieved as part of a collaborative effort with Landmark Aviation Winston-Salem and BHE & Associates, Ltd., and is available now through Rockwell Collins-authorized dealers.
Rockwell Collins’ Pro Line Fusion upgrade for King Air 350 turboprops provides turn-key compliance with airspace modernization deadlines and transforms the flying experience with the largest widescreen primary flight displays available. The upgrade enhances the aircraft’s value with the same icon-based, touchscreen technology found on new-production King Airs.
Global Military UAV Market Forecast to 2022
“This upgrade immediately readies the aircraft for the future with simple airspace mandate compliance and essential capabilities for NextGen flying,” said Craig Olson, vice president and general manager, Business and Regional Systems for Rockwell Collins. “In addition, it provides a compelling flight deck that is easy and enjoyable for pilots to operate, and it helps them maintain awareness like never before.”
Rockwell Collins’ Pro Line Fusion ushers in a new era for King Air 350 owners with:
- A fully loaded package of baseline equipment for operation in modernizing global airspace: ADS-B mandate compliance, SBAS-capable GNSS, localizer performance with vertical guidance (LPV) approaches, radius-to-fix (RF) legs and more
- Three 14.1-inch widescreen LCDs with advanced graphics, configurable windows, and touchscreen interfaces—matching the display configuration of the latest King Air models delivered from the factory
- Market-leading high-resolution synthetic vision as a standard feature, including Rockwell Collins’ patented airport dome, and extended runway centerlines with mile markers to better orient the pilot from top of descent through final approach
- Touch-interactive maps with eyes-forward flight planning, high-resolution topography, real-time onboard weather radar overlays, obstacles, and special-use airspace and search patterns for expanded situational awareness and reduced workload
- Geo-referenced electronic navigation charts that display own-ship aircraft position for enhanced situational awareness during approaches
- Easy and fast database updates using a standard USB drive port on the front of the displays.
“We’re excited to now offer this extraordinary upgrade for legacy King Air 350 flight decks,” said Skip Madsen, vice president, MRO, Landmark Aviation. “Having completed the certification work with Rockwell Collins, we know this upgrade inside and out, and look forward to working with customers to make this new modern flight deck a reality for them.”
“Pro Line Fusion for the King Air is a true joy to operate and it really does cut down on my workload, especially on those must-have business trips into busy airports or during marginal weather conditions,” said Loy Allen Jr., former Nascar driver and owner/operator of the first King Air 350 with Pro Line II to receive the Pro Line Fusion upgrade.
Pro Line Fusion is already certified as an upgrade for King Air aircraft originally delivered with Pro Line 21™ and this upgrade for the King Air 350 with Pro Line II follows a similar approach. The pilot displays and controls are replaced with Pro Line Fusion products while the King Air’s reliable autopilot and radios remain on the airplane.
Pro Line Fusion is software upgradeable for easy updates and also provides the backbone for integrating future enhancements such as Rockwell Collins’ HGS™-3500 Head-up Guidance System, EVS-3000 Enhanced Vision System, MultiScan™ weather radar and Airport Moving Map.
Source : Rockwell Collins - view original press release
May 15 - 18, 2017 - London, United Kingdom
Jun 26 - 28, 2017 - Washington, United States