Surface Warships 2016 Conference
- The most high-level and diverse gathering of the corvette, frigate & destroyer community
- 26 January, 2016 - 28 January, 2016, Bucharest, Romania
Following naval preoccupation with the maritime interdiction and counter-piracy operations of the past 5 years, threats of a more traditional nature have now re-emerged. The build-up of naval assets, territorial disputes and concerns around aggressive force posture have re-focused the priorities of navies onto conventional surface warfare capability. With that, investment in fleet renewal and the on-board equipment capable of delivering effect is returning to the top of the agenda.
Surface Warships 2016 will take place 26–28 January in Bucharest, Romania. At this strategically important location on the Black Sea, we will frame the issues governing investment programmes in Europe, and globally. Key business areas that will be covered by our end-user speaker faculty will include:
Global Subsea Equipment Market: Size, Trends & Forecasts (2016-2020)
- Technical solutions for frigate modernisation
- The application of radars, sonars, surface-to-surface missiles, surface-to-air missiles and naval artillery systems
- Combat system integration
- Shipbuilding management
The forum is designed to enable those involved in capability development, product strategy and acquisition to compare and define roadmaps for delivering maritime security and naval advantage, in response to the contemporary threat environment.
"Very valuable as a networking event."
Director, Strategic Programs, DRS Power Technology, Inc.
"I thought the quality of the speakers was excellent and the way they were grouped together created a lot of synergy. I have been to 3 Surface Warships events it is an outstanding opportunity to interact with counterparts from a wide range of navies and industry."
Programme Manager, US Navy
"Good cross section of subjects and speakers achieved this year. Very useful for keeping abreast of programme developments in other Navies."
- Vice Admiral Clive Johnstone, Commander Allied Maritime Command, NATO MARCOM
- Rear Admiral Alexandru MîrAYu, Chief of Naval Forces, Romanian Navy
- Rear Admiral Waldemar Gluszko, Deputy Director General, EU Military Staff
- Rear Admiral Antonio Natale, Head of VII Department, Ships Design & Combat System, Italian Navy
- Major General CAfltAfllin-Adrian Moraru, Chief of Armaments Department, Romanian Ministry of Defence
- Rear Admiral (S) Krzysztof Zdonek, Head of the Armament Division, Polish Navy
- Captain Manuel Martinez Ruiz, F110 Programme Manager, Spanish Navy
- Captain Marcellino Corsi, Naval Defence System Operational Requirements, Italian Navy
- Captain Antonio Gonzales Garcia, Combat Systems SCOMBA Programme Director, Spanish Navy
- Rear Admiral Silvio Alva, Chief of Materiel, Peruvian Navy
- Mr Müjdat UludaAY, Head of Naval Platforms, Undersecretariat for Defence Industries SSM
- Frank Koudijs, Business Development, Surface Ship Sonar, Thales Underwater Systems
- Captain Mohd Shaiful Adli Chung bin Abdullah, Head Of Engineering And Construction, LCS Project Team, Royal Malaysian Navy
- Captain Michael Girsa, Project Officer Project SYNE (POPSYNE), South African Navy
- Commander Stefan Larsson, Head of Naval Development, Swedish Navy
- Captain Edward Lundquist (Retd.), Naval Analyst & Writer, US Navy
- Captain James Dick, Program Manager, International Fleet Support and Ship Transfer, US Navy
- Representative To be confimed, F22 Frigate Programme Manager, Romanian Navy
- Engineer To be confimed, Technical Systems Engineer, Romanian Navy
- Representative To be confimed, Naval Requirements, European Defence Agency
- EU Representative To be confimed, Military Staff, European Union Military Staff
Source : ASDEvents
Nov 29 - 30, 2016 - Singapore, Singapore