Cubic to Demo Interoperability of Live, Virtual and Constructive Training Solutions in Operation Blended Warrior at I/ITSEC 2015
- Cubic Global Defense to integrate role of cyber warfare into live, virtual and constructive environments
Cubic Global Defense (CGD), a business unit of Cubic Corporation (NYSE: CUB), today announced its wide range of capabilities will be showcased in the Operation Blended Warrior (OBW) event during the 2015 Interservice/Industry Training Simulation and Education Conference (I/ITSEC). I/ITSEC is the world’s largest modeling, simulation and training conference held from November 30 to December 4 in Orlando, Florida.
I/ITSEC organizers created the OBW event by collaborating with more than 30 government and industry partners to showcase demonstrations of new Live, Virtual and Constructive (LVC) capabilities while documenting LVC integration and execution challenges in a common environment. OBW will feature 15 distinct, 30-minute vignettes focused on a humanitarian assistance scenario to integrate cyber into LVC environments.
Augmented Reality Market - Global Forecast to 2020
“Cubic’s role in Operation Blended Warrior is a substantial and tangible demonstration of our commitment to products and solutions in the LVC arena, including interoperability among our own products. Our integrated approach to the C4ISR environment allows Cubic to remain agnostic in a blended training environment,” said Bill Toti, president of Cubic Global Defense. “There is no question that LVC is critical to the future training environment –and the U.S. Navy-sponsored OBW event at I/ITSEC elevates its importance and focus.”
Cubic’s OBW LVC demonstration integrates military and civilian operations through an architecture of Department of Defense fielded systems, utilizing the following products and solutions:
- P5 Combat Training System (P5 CTS): Cubic’s latest air combat maneuvering instrumentation system for both fourth and fifth generation fighter aircraft. The P5 CTS provides fighter pilots and range training officers with the ability to display training missions in real time and during post-mission debrief.
- Cubic Miniature Encryptor (CME): Multilevel encryptor developed to solve the information assurance deficiency for U.S. Air Combat Training Systems.
- Individual Combat Aircrew Display System (ICADSTM): Advanced Windows-based aircrew combat display and debrief system, which provides real-time monitoring and control, allowing users to communicate with pilots, control simulated threats and fire simulated weapons.
- Real-time LVC Air Combat Training: Combined demonstration of Cubic’s ‘Live’ P5 CTS and ‘Virtual’ L3 Link SimuStrikeTM flight simulator with CME – all in a complex ‘Constructive’ environment.
- Engagement Skills Trainer (EST) 3000TM: A small arms marksmanship training device that is portable, indoor, multipurpose and multilane. EST 3000 replicates crew and individual live fire exercises for increased safety, cost effectiveness and efficiency.
- Reconfigurable Vehicle Simulator (RVS): Consists of simulated vehicle cab, instructor/operation station, After Action Review station, visual system, six-degrees-of-freedom motion system and a computational system to demonstrate convoy operations.
- Social Media Toolkit: A visualization tool that replicates the chaos, tempo and always moving dynamic environment and landscape of the social media domain to enable training in a safe, secure and closed network.
Cubic will participate in several LVC vignettes within OBW such as Convoy, Cyber Operations, Medical Evacuation, Air-to-Air Engagements, Close Air Support, Mobile Destruction of SAM Site and Amphibious Landing Assault. Cubic will be leading the Convoy vignette, in which a convoy with humanitarian relief supplies is blocked by a crowd with the culminating point of the event ending with a fire fight and Close Air Support operations.
Source : Cubic Corporation (NYSE: CUB) - view original press release