Submarine Operations and Submersibles Conference
- 9 December, 2015 - 10 December, 2015, London, United Kingdom
Submarines are amongst the most technologically complex and financially demanding of the Navy’s platforms, yet one of the most essential in ensuring the safety of a nation’s waters.
The nature of underwater warfare is changing, and understanding technological and procedural advancements today is vital in preparing for Submarine and Submersible operations in the future.
Submarine Operations and Submersibles 2015 will address not only current capabilities and ongoing operations, but also look to the long-term future of Submarines and the technology being designed to complement their purpose. Now in its sixth year, Submarine Operations and Submersibles 2015 will bring together key military budget holders, defence innovators and underwater industry frontrunners in a thought-leading symposium looking to the future of Submarine operations.
The Global Submarine Market 2016-2026
Central themes to be explored in depth include:
- Looking to the technological and operational future of submarines internationally
- Highlighting the shift towards the use of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUV’s) and the associated challenges surrounding power supply, communications, deployment and retrieval
- Identifying issues in attracting and retaining a new generation of submariners– what needs to change technologically, procedurally and organisationally for submarines to be adequately manned in the future?
- Maintenance and repair to extend the life of existing submarine platforms and expand their operational availability and adaptability to new technologies, including the increasing use of Unmanned Underwater Vehicles (UUV’s)
- Maurizio Cannarozzo, Head of 4th Reparto SPMM, Italian Navy
- Anders Jarn, Cdr Fortilla, Swedish Navy
- Helge Weydahl, Senior Scientist, FFI
- Dale Ellis, Senior Researcher, Penn State University
- Darren Mason, Programme Manager, Royal Navy
- David Ogburn, Director, US Navy
- Michael Ainslie, Senior Researcher, TNO
- Stefanos Spirou, Hellenic Navy
- Rear Admiral Dario Giacomin, Incoming Chief of Submarine Forces, Italian Navy
- Capt (N) James Clark, Commander Canadian Submarine, Canadian navy
- Kevin Le Page, Senior Scientist/ Researcher, NATO Centre for Maritime Research and Experimentation
- Professor Eric Grove, Professor of Naval History and Senior Fellow in the Centre for Applied Research in Security Innovation, Liverpool Hope University
- Commander Nuno Baptista Pereira, Chief of Staff of the Portuguese Submarine Force, Portuguese Navy
Source : ASDEvents
Jan 30 - 31, 2017 - Rome, Italy