Rockwell Collins and Duncan Aviation unveil Pro Line Fusion flight deck upgrade for Citation CJ3
- Upgrade provides turn-key compliance with airspace modernization deadlines
- Transforms the flying experience with widescreen displays, high-resolution synthetic vision, and touchscreen navigation
Rockwell Collins and Duncan Aviation today announced that Citation CJ3 owners have a new aftermarket option for meeting mandates while simultaneously enhancing their ownership and flying experience—the Pro Line Fusion® flight deck upgrade. The system is expected to certify for the CJ3 at the end of 2016, and will be available for additional CJ models in the future.
Pro Line Fusion for the CJ3 replaces the factory-installed portrait displays with larger 14.1-inch landscape touchscreen primary flight displays. The new system includes intuitive, touch-interactive maps, and easy-to-use icons, giving the pilot the ability to control items on the screen through touch. Also, it eliminates the need for Flight Management System (FMS) control display units originally installed in the pedestal.
Global Business Aircraft Market
“CJ3 owners have an extraordinary, all-in-one alternative for complying with airspace modernization deadlines,” said Craig Olson, vice president and general manager, Business and Regional Systems for Rockwell Collins. “This upgrade brings turn-key compliance with ADS-B, WAAS and more, plus pilots will enjoy extensive situational awareness and a revolution in simplicity.”
"We are excited about partnering with Rockwell Collins on the CJ3 Pro Line Fusion program,” said Steve Gade, vice president of business development and aircraft sales for Duncan Aviation. “Our enthusiasm is based on the confidence and trust we have in on our working experience with Rockwell Collins, the excellent platform represented by the CJ3 in its loyal ownership group, the proven features and functions of the Fusion product, the timing of the solution, and the fact that Duncan Aviation is experienced with these types of avionics installations.”
Rockwell Collins’ Pro Line Fusion ushers in a new era for CJ3 owners with:
- A fully loaded package of baseline equipment for operation in modernizing global airspace: DO-260B compliant ADS-B, SBAS-capable GNSS, localizer performance with vertical guidance (LPV) approaches, radius-to-fix (RF) legs and more
- Three 14.1-inch widescreen LCDs with advanced graphics, configurable windows, and touchscreen or point-and-click navigation
- Market-leading high-resolution synthetic vision as a standard feature, including Rockwell Collins’ patented airport dome, and extended runway centerlines with mile markers to better orient the pilot from top of descent through final approach
- Touch-interactive maps with eyes-forward flight planning, high-resolution topography, real-time onboard weather radar overlays, obstacles, and special-use airspace and search patterns for expanded situational awareness and reduced workload
- Geo-referenced electronic navigation charts that display own-ship aircraft position for enhanced situational awareness during approaches
- Easy and fast database updates using a standard USB drive port on the front of the displays, or the optional Aircraft Information Manager wireless data loading service.
Pro Line Fusion is software upgradeable for easy updates and also provides the backbone for integrating future enhancements such as Rockwell Collins’ HGS™-3500 Head-up Guidance System, EVS-3000 Enhanced Vision System, MultiScan™ weather radar and Airport Moving Map.
Pro Line Fusion is already certified as an upgrade for King Air aircraft originally delivered with Pro Line 21™ and this upgrade for the CJ3 follows the same approach. The pilot displays and controls are replaced with Pro Line Fusion products while the CJ3’s modern and reliable autopilot and radios remain on the airplane.
"This announcement is the culmination of extensive talks over the past year between CJP, Duncan Aviation, and Rockwell Collins to provide an attractive and cost-effective avionics upgrade solution for CJ3 pilots," added Citation Jet Pilots (CJP) President, David Miller. "We are extremely excited with this development, and in particular how this upgrade will allow CJ3 pilots to utilize the very latest technological advances in the FAA's ‘NextGen’ air traffic control network, including compliance with the FAA's 2020 ADS-B mandate."
Source : Rockwell Collins - view original press release
Jun 7 - 8, 2017 - Arlington, United States