ViaSat Launches High-Speed Ethernet Encryption; First to Protect Content Processing/Distribution at 100 Gbps
- ViaSat, U.S. Naval Research Laboratory Demonstrate Long-Haul Encrypted Data Distribution at 100 Gbps at SC15 with ViaSat's First-to-Market Encryption Appliance
ViaSat Inc. (NASDAQ: VSAT), a global broadband services and technology company, announced today the availability of the industry's first single-port 100 Gbps encryption device designed to scale from 10 to 40 to 100 Gbps, enabling customers to migrate their security infrastructure, as the demand for more bandwidth grows. The new high-speed Ethernet encryption appliance is part of a larger product family that will be demonstrated this week in Austin, Texas at SC15 (Supercomputer Conference) with the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory (NRL). The demo will showcase the only available solution today that can transmit encrypted data at 100 Gbps across the U.S.
The product family includes the SEC-1170, an Ethernet encryption appliance that scales from 10 to 40 to 100 Gbps; the SEC-1171 and SEC-1160, variants of the SEC-1170; and the SEC-1140V, ViaSat's 1 Gbps virtual network function (VNF) encryption software, which enables enterprise customers to host security on their existing infrastructure as part of their future Network Function Virtualization (NFV) strategy.
Global Corporate Firewall Consumption 2016 Market Research Report
Key advantages of the ViaSat high-speed Ethernet encryption family includes:
- Multiple Bandwidth Profiles: The SEC-1170 can scale from 10 to 40 to 100 Gbps, which enables enterprises to keep pace with their bandwidth needs without changing their encryption solution.
- Streamlined Migration: Enterprises can install and upgrade to higher speeds remotely via software.
- Lowest Latency: The new high-speed Ethernet encryption appliance enables three times lower latency as compared to competing Layer 2/3 encryption devices.
- Interoperability with Latest Networking Technologies: The product line leverages ViaSat's networking expertise to ensure Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) and Software Defined Network (SDN) interoperability.
- Secure Algorithms for Optimal Protection: ViaSat's encryption technology complies with FIPS 140-2 Level 2+. The AES-256 algorithm provides the best commercially available protection and the integrated key management and authentication provides more flexible keying options.
- Cryptographic Isolation: Only ViaSat can support multiple enterprise connections with one appliance, maintaining complete data segregation.
Simplicity in Installation, Operation, Maintenance and Management
"ViaSat's new high-speed Ethernet encryption product family brings decades of ViaSat experience and technical innovation in protecting classified government information to the commercial security product market," said Jerry Goodwin, chief operating officer, Government Systems Division, ViaSat. "Our first-to-market high-speed encryption device gives organizations that transmit sensitive intellectual property and business-critical data between sites, a proven encryption technology that is both fast and leverages the latest networking and security features to ensure data in transit will not be intercepted or exploited."
NRL is the corporate research laboratory for the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps, and conducts a broad program of scientific research, technology and advanced development. NRL has served the Navy and the nation for over 90 years and continues to meet the complex technological challenges of today's world.
Demo Description at SC15
ViaSat and NRL are the first to demo a secure 100 Gbps SDN using Layer 2 MACsec. The demo will send encrypted traffic over 2,500 miles in the U.S. over a SDN using a 100 Gbps channel.
Source : ViaSat, Inc. - view original press release