Brigadier General Dionigi Maria Loria of European Union Military Staff discusses the Military Airlift market
SMi’s 16th annual Military Airlift and Rapid Reaction Operations conference takes place on the 1st and 2nd December 2015in Seville, Spain.
SMi recently caught up with the Military Airlift 2015 day two keynote speaker, Brigadier General Dionigi Maria Loria, Director, Logistics Directorate of European Union Military Staff and asked him a few questions about the current challenges and opportunities for the military airlift market.
When asked what are the main challenges currently facing the European Airlift community and how can these be overcome, Brigadier General Dionigi Maria Loria commented:
Global Military Aircraft Avionics Industry 2015 Market Research Report
"I see several kinds of challenges ranging from the grand strategic to the tactical:
At the higher level, we will need to be cognizant of the changing nature of technology, environmental issues and indeed, states themselves and the evolving geopolitical landscape that we will have to operate multimodal solutions within.
Then there are more immediate concerns regarding the management of end of life aircraft and the introduction of new aircraft into service. How EU member states will bridge the strategic airlift gap due to the retirement of the bulk of their old tactical fleets, and the arrival of replacement aircraft. A part of the airlift gap has been filled thanks to access to the SALIS contract, but also with the support of US and other partners..."
Brigadier General Dionigi Maria Loria, Director, Logistics Directorate of European Union Military Staff will be presenting on: EUMS Perspective for the International Strategic Lift Collaboration in EU CSDP Missions and Operations and Disaster Relief.
With only three weeks to go and places filling up fast, don't miss the chance to network with the following confirmed attendees:
Air Warfare Centre; Cobham Mission Equipment; Danish Air Force; EEAS Belgium; Elmendorf Air Force Base; EU Military Staff; European Air Transport Command (EATC); European Commission; European Defence Agency; FALKO; GB Consulting; German Air Force; Heavy Airlift Wing; Institute for Defense Analyses; Jeppesen; KBR; Kommando Luftwaffe; Lockheed Martin; Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group; Ministry of Defence Austria; Movement Coordination Centre Europe; NATO SHAPE; OCCAR; Omni Air International; Royal Air Force UK; Spanish Air Force; Teledyne Controls; UK MoD; United Nations; US Transportation Command; World Fuel Services Europe plus many more...
To book your place and for further information please visit the event website
The Military Airlift 2015 speaker line-up features:
- Brigadier General Enrique J. Biosca Vazquez, Head of Plans and Policy Division, Spanish Air Force
- Brigadier General Dionigi Maria Loria, Director, Logistics Directorate, European Union Military Staff
- Air Commodore Stephen Lushington CBE, Air Mobility Force Commander & Air Officer Air Mobility, Royal Air Force Brize Norton
- Colonel Jurgen Van der Biezen, Head of Functional Division, European Air Transport Command (EATC)
- Colonel Ludger Bette, Wing Commander, Air Transport Wing 62, Wunstorf, German Air Force
- Colonel Trevor Nitz, Commander, Heavy Airlift Wing
- Colonel KarstenFledelius Jensen, Deputy Chief of Air Staff, Danish Air Force
- Lieutenant Colonel MattiasGustavsson, Deputy Director, Movement Coordination Centre Europe
- Laurent Donnet, Programme Manager AAR and Airlift, European Defence Agency
- Rudolph Muller, Deputy Director OCHA, Geneva and Chief Of Emergency Services Branch, United Nations
- Laurent Defrance, Policy Officer, Emergency Response Coordination Centre, European Commission
- Didier Vernet, Head of A400M Product Marketing, Airbus Defence and Space
- James Eisenhart, Director, Sales and Marketing, C2ISR Mobility Platforms, Boeing
- David A. Robinson, Senior Manager, Sales and Marketing, Global Services and Support, Boeing
- Colin Sage, Director, International C3 & ISR Programs, ViaSat, Inc.
- Georgy Sokolov, Regional Sales Manager, Volga-Dnepr Airlines
- Sean McGovern, Managing Director of BAE Systems Regional Aircraft
- Oleksandr Kiva, Vice President and Deputy General Designer, Antonov
- SergiiFedorovSergiiFedorov, Deputy Chief Designer, Antonov
To register or for more information about the event, please visit the event website
Military Airlift 2015 is sponsored by: Airbus Defence and Space, Antonov, BAE Systems, Boeing, JBTC, National Air Cargo, Thales, TLD Group, Viasat and Volga-Dnepr
Source : SMi Defence
Nov 14 - 15, 2016 - London, United Kingdom
Dec 6 - 8, 2016 - Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Nov 14 - 15, 2016 - London, United Kingdom
Nov 2 - 4, 2016 - San Antonio, United States
Mar 7 - 8, 2017 - Prague, Czech Republic