Aircraft Economic Life Summit 2015
- 24 November, 2015 - 24 November, 2015, Dublin, Ireland
With only 535 aircraft retirements (i.e. scrapped) in 2014, compared to 724 in 2013, has the retirement peak passed? Is this a function of low oil prices stimulating the continued use of less fuel efficient aircraft? Are we seeing less, or more, instances of the ‘premature’ retirement of current generation assets? What effect is the continued level of retirements having on the supply of spare engines and spare parts? What will happen when the oil price climbs again? How will the ‘composite generation’ of A350XWBs and Boeing 787s change the economic life equilibrium? Age is one aspect of economic life – but what about asset values?
The debate regarding the useful economic life of aircraft continues unabated. Historical patterns, the learned observations of experts, and healthy discussion will resume at this 2nd Aircraft Economic Life Forum.
Global Commercial Aircraft Market 2017-2035
If you own, operate, finance, lease or invest in commercial aircraft, regardless of their age or vintage, you should attend and hear the industry’s key participants engage in informed debate. Knowing what’s in and what’s out of favour, where the opportunities lie, and what can be done with end of life assets, will provide delegates with a heads start on the competition.
This course will provide the latest findings for both aviation specialists and for new entrants to commercial aviation.
Co-located with Aviation Finance Seminar 2015
You will learn about
- The ‘mechanics’ of aircraft retirement – how to maximise value recovery
- Determining your options in the aircraft’s ‘end of life’ phase
- Transaction Analysis – how trading patterns can influence the residual value and life of an asset
- Which asset classes and types will be best positioned to benefit from airline demand?
- How will maintenance condition influence the ‘life’ decision?
- How significant a role will the Lessors play in determining economic life?
- Bert Van Leeuwen, MD Aviation Research, DVB Bank
- Dick Forsberg, Head of Strategy, Avolon
- Steve Mason, VP, Aircraft Evaluation and Strategy, CIT Aerospace
- Chris Tarry, Senior Advisor, CTARIA
- Rob Morris, Head of Consultancy, Ascend Flightglobal
- Paul Sheridan, SVP Risk & Capital Markets, Accipiter Holdings Ltd
- Shane Matthews, SVP Risk & Capital Markets, SMBC Aviation Capital
- Eddy Pieniazek, Consultant, Pieniazek Consulting
- Les Weal, Head of Valuations, Oriel
- Ed Hansom, Chief Investment Officer, Aviation Finance Co. Ltd
- David Waddington, Marketing director Leasing Markets, Airbus
- Mike Corne, Commercial Director, eCube Solutions
- Cameron Burr, EP Corporate Development, Magellan Aviation Group
- Harry Dwyer, MD, Aircraft Workshop
- David Rushe, Sales & Marketing Manager, Magellan Aviation Group
- Naeem Aslam, Chief Market Analyst, Avatrade Ltd
- Gerry Butler, Director, Apollo Aviation
- Konrad Blocher, Strategy & Risk, Goshawk
- Joao Miguel Santos, Director International Sales, Boeing
- Derk-Jan van heerden, President, AFRA (Aircraft Fleet Recycling Association)
- Helen Jiang, Associate Technical Fellow, Boeing
- Bill Cumberlidge, Chairman & Chief Commercial Officer, GC Aviation Partners Ltd
Source : ASDEvents