TCS Receives $5 M in Incremental Funding from US Army
- For SNAP Deployable Satellite Systems Sustainment
- Army GTACS Contract Vehicle Acquires Ongoing Support and Systems
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in secure and highly reliable wireless communications, today announced that it has received $5 million in incremental funding from the U.S. Army for sustainment of the AN/TSC-198A SNAP (Secret Internet Protocol Router (SIPR) and Non-classified Internet Protocol Router (NIPR) Access Point), Very Small Aperture Terminals (VSATs). Combined with the initial funded contract value of $18.6 million, this brings funding to date to $23.6 million. The ceiling contract value, including funded and unfunded amounts, is nearly $91 million through September 2018, if all options are exercised.
Global Cloud Security Industry 2016 Market Research Report
- TCS SNAP VSAT systems provide multimedia communications capabilities, which convey encrypted voice, video and data.
- Highly transportable and ruggedized, TCS SNAP VSAT systems also have a graphical user interface that facilitates easy set-up and operation.
- The modularity and plug-and-play interfaces among all radio frequency (RF) and baseband configurations inherent to the terminals result in communication solutions tailored to the end-user's specific needs.
Source : TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. - view original press release
Jan 25 - 26, 2017 - London, United Kingdom