Pco of Poland, Raytheon Sign LOI for Surveillance, Targeting Systems Project
- Work to focus on night vision devices and thermal weapon sights
Raytheon Company's (NYSE: RTN) Missile Systems business signed a Letter of Intent with PCO S.A., Poland's leading manufacturer of optoelectronic devices and laser systems, to collaboratively develop soldier sensors.
Areas of cooperation will include:
Global C4ISR Market 2016-2020
- Design, development and production of an enhanced night vision goggle
- Advanced reconnaissance, surveillance & targeting solutions
- Concept design, development, production and systems test for optics, video processor elements and other hardware elements related to future electro-optical/infrared system solutions
- Existing products and capabilities for both parties via potential sub-contracting relationships
"Raytheon and PCO are well-positioned to develop advanced night vision for both the Polish armed forces and global requirements," said Duane Gooden, vice president of Raytheon's Land Warfare Systems product line. "Our PCO partners have a proven record of affordable, high-quality design and production in the optoelectronic market. Our combined expertise will position us to compete aggressively in the global market."
Earlier this year, Raytheon Missile Systems signed an LOI with MESKO to pursue opportunities related to Poland's air defense architecture and advanced defense technologies. Included in that agreement were areas for partnership in such categories as:
- Patriot GEM-T missile sub-system production and qualification
- Patriot GEM-T missile integration, assembly and production
- System Level Integration and Engineering
- Excalibur 155 mm precision artillery projectile
- TALON laser guided rocket
Raytheon Company has signed seven contract awards and more than 30 LOIs with Polish industry, all focused on bringing work share to those partners.
Source : Raytheon Corporation (NYSE: RTN) - view original press release
Mar 29 - 30, 2017 - London, United Kingdom