Airbus Bizlab Selects Five Start-ups in its First Call for Projects
Airbus BizLab has selected the first five start-ups to support through a six month mentoring and acceleration programme, to speed up the process to transform the ideas into credible businesses.
Airbus BizLAb, launched its first call for projects in May 2015 and received a total of 150 applications worldwide. A pre-selection process short-listed 15 start-ups that were invited to pitch in front of an Airbus BizLab jury in July, 2015. Of these, five were selected to be integrated within BizLab from the 7th of September. The five start-ups selected are:
Global CAD Market in Aerospace and Defense Industry 2016 Market Research Report
- 3d Trust: (Germany). A project that offers an innovative way of securing the streaming of printing data to remote 3D printers.
- OBUU: (Spain). A project for a Ground System Equipment that includes a specific tool provisioning method that could lead to cost savings on aircraft maintenance and to improve fleet availability.
- PaperClip Design: (Hong Kong), Presented a flexible business class flat-bed suite that could be easily transformed into a premium economy class seat.
- SimSoft 3D: (France). An intelligent console for voice guided operations that allows an interactive dialogue between the operator and the machine at work.
- UWinLoc: (France). A low cost high accuracy passive indoor/outdoor tracking system.
Airbus will offer to these “early-stage” projects a comprehensive support through a six-month acceleration programme. The five selected start-ups will interact with a large number of Airbus experts from various domains (technology, legal, finance, marketing, etc.) and will benefit of a dedicated mentor. They will have office space at Airbus and have access to prototyping and test facilities. A dedicated demo day with Airbus decision makers, partners, subsidiaries, customers, and venture capital will also be offered.
“We are very satisfied with the success of this first call for projects. The quality of the projects has made the selection process tougher than expected, which is good news,” said Bruno Gutierres, Head of BizLab. “The challenging phase of transforming ideas into reality begins and we can’t really wait”.
Source : Airbus, an EADS N.V. company (Paris: EAD.PA) - view original press release