Rockwell Collins to Showcase King Air Featuring Pro Line Fusion Touchscreen Avionics at AirVenture 2015
- Business Aviation's Only Certified Touchscreen Primary Flight Displays to Make Oshkosh Debut
Rockwell Collins will be showcasing commercial aviation’s only certified touchscreen primary flight displays at this year’s Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wis., July 20-26. The Pro Line Fusion® advanced avionics system will be available for the public to see and touch aboard Rockwell Collins’ King Air 250, which will be on display in the company’s AirVenture exhibit.
Pro Line Fusion with touchscreen flight displays has been selected by Textron Aviation for new-production King Air turboprops with deliveries starting this year and is available as an upgrade for Pro Line II- and Pro Line 21™-equipped King Airs.
Global Military Aircraft Avionics Industry 2015 Market Research Report
Rockwell Collins’ Pro Line Fusion ushers in a new era for King Air owners with:
- Three 14-inch widescreen LCDs with advanced graphics, configurable windows, and touchscreen or point-and-click navigation
- Synthetic vision as a standard feature, including Rockwell Collins’ patented airport dome, and extended runway centerlines with mile markers to better orient the pilot from top of descent through final approach
- Touch-interactive maps with eyes-forward flight planning, high-resolution topography, real-time onboard weather radar overlays, obstacles, and special-use airspace and search patterns for expanded situational awareness and reduced workload
- A fully loaded package of baseline equipment for operation in modernizing global airspace: DO-260B compliant ADS-B, SBAS-capable GNSS, localizer performance with vertical guidance (LPV) approaches, radius-to-fix (RF) legs and more
- Baseline geo-referenced electronic navigation charts that display own-ship aircraft position for enhanced situational awareness during approaches
- Easy and fast database updates using a standard USB drive port on the front of the displays, or the optional Aircraft Information Manager wireless data loading service
- Selectable video windows on the displays for viewing inputs from Enhanced Vision System (EVS) or other external cameras.
Also, for the fifth consecutive year, Rockwell Collins is the sponsor of the EAA AirVenture daily air shows, including the widely popular Night Air Show, on both Wednesday, July 22 and Saturday, July 25. The Rockwell Collins Night Air Show is a one-of-kind signature event, bringing tens of thousands of people to the flight line to see some of the world’s best aerobatic artists performing in sync with pyrotechnics and music.
Source : Rockwell Collins - view original press release