Harris Announces New Organizational Structure
- Establishes four market-focused segments aligned with Harris' strategic growth platforms
- Increases efficiency and captures synergies
- Combines talent and technology to improve competitiveness
Harris Corporation (NYSE:HRS) today announced that it will reorganize its business segments to increase operational efficiency and capture synergies that result from Harris' recent acquisition of Exelis.
"We combined Harris' and Exelis' top talent and technology to create four market-focused segments aligned with Harris' strategic growth platforms," said William M. Brown, chairman, president and chief executive officer. "Our new structure will help us improve our competitive position, increase efficiency, and capture synergies, while we continue to bring innovative and affordable solutions to our customers."
Global Cloud Security Industry 2016 Market Research Report
Effective the beginning of fiscal 2016, July 4, the company will be organized in the following four business segments:
- Communication Systems, led by Chris Young. The segment will serve markets in tactical and airborne radios, night vision technology, and defense and public safety networks.
- Critical Networks, led by Carl D'Alessandro. The segment will provide managed services supporting air traffic management, energy and maritime communications, and ground network operation and sustainment, as well as high-value IT and engineering services.
- Electronic Systems, led by Ed Zoiss. The segment will offer an extensive portfolio of solutions in electronic warfare, avionics, wireless technology, C4I, undersea systems and aerostructures.
- Space and Intelligence Systems, led by Bill Gattle. The segment will provide complete earth observation, weather, geospatial, space protection, and intelligence solutions from advanced sensors and payloads, as well as ground processing and information analytics.
In addition, Sheldon Fox has been named Senior Vice President, Integration and Engineering for the company. Fox, formerly President of Harris' Government Communications Systems segment, has been leading the acquisition integration effort. Also, Dana Mehnert, formerly President of Harris' RF Communications segment, has been named Senior Vice President, Chief Global Business Development Officer. Mehnert will have responsibility for driving topline growth, leveraging complementary channels, and capturing large multi-year opportunities. Both of these positions will report to Brown.
"Our new leadership team has extensive industry experience, a proven track record and a deep commitment to meeting customer expectations," Brown added.
Source : Harris Corporation (NYSE: HRS) - view original press release
Apr 26 - 28, 2017 - Washington, United States