Civil & Commercial UAS West Symposium
- Opportunities, Needs and Challenges
- 16 June, 2015 - 17 June, 2015, San Diego, CA, United States
The Next Big Thing! – Civil and Commercial Unmanned Aircraft Systems
The markets for civil and commercial unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) or Unmanned Air Vehicles (UAVs) are poised to explode. UAS manufacturers who to date have been feeding the huge defense market are being joined by an ever increasing number of non-defense UAS platform and payload developers who are targeting the potentially enormous markets for civil and commercial capabilities. The application opportunities seem limitless. However, to make this happen, a whole range of regulatory, certification, insurance, safety, and management challenges have to be met.
This outstanding event brings together the thought-leaders and planners who will make civil and commercial UAS a reality. They will provide the latest information on government plans for UAS integration in the National Airspace (NAS). They will examine the most promising high-value applications – in everything from industrial security and perimeter monitoring, to border management, law enforcement, communications, search and rescue, disaster management, surveying, mapping, resource management – and beyond. They will give you a thorough understanding of the current technical capabilities and looming challenges.
Global UAV Industry Market Research Report Forecast 2017 to 2021
- What is the way ahead for UAS integration in the NAS?
- What is the state of the science in airborne sense and avoid/collision avoidance systems and technologies? What new capabilities are needed? What’s on the drawing board?
- How do you perform a financial risk assessment for your UAS project?
- What are the insurance issues?
- What is the status of state legislation on UAS overflight?
- What are the emerging lessons learned from early UAS test sites?
- Where are the real opportunities in the commercial market?
- What about federal and state government market opportunities?
- What are the insurance issues?
This comprehensive conference brings together key officials and representatives from both government and industry that will examine the recent developments, most critical capability gaps, and likely future direction for civil unmanned aircraft systems.
UAS/RPA Subject Matter Expert, 705th Combat Training Squadron
“A very good lineup of relevant experts”
Deputy Director, Air Force Joint Test Office (AFJO)
“Speakers are good, location good, contacts very good”
Director, New Business Development, HITCO
“Great span of the field, real authorities”
Vice President, Business Development, Space Data Corp
- Mr. Michael Wilson, Aviation Safety Inspector UAS Program Manager, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Mr. Matthew Hampton, Assistant Inspector General, Department of Transportation
- Mr. Mark Dombroff, Partner, McKenna Long and Aldridge LLP
- Ms. Lisa Ellman Counsel, Co-Chair UAS Practice Group, McKenna Long and Aldridge LLP
- Col Dana Hessheimer, ANG, Commander, 163rd Reconnaissance Wing, CA ANG
- Dr. Randy Villahermosa, Principal, Research and Program Development office, The Aerospace Corporation
- Major Elena O’Bryan, USAF, Branch Chief-Civic Engagement, National Guard Bureau, Public Affairs
- Mr. Treggon Owens, Co-Founder, Aerial MOB
- Ms. Melissa Rudinger, Vice President, Government Affairs, Aircraft Owners and Pilots Associatiopn (AOPA)
- Dr. Peter Kunz, Senior Vice President, Chief Engineer, Insitu, Inc.
- Dr. Ben Worley, Chief Operating Officer, Vision Services Group, LLC
- Dr. Vince Schultz, Deputy Project Manager, UAS Integration in the NAS, NASA Langley Research Center
- Mr. Michael Drobac, Executive Director, Small UAV Coalition, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Mr. Brandon Suarez, Project Engineer at General Atomics Aeronautical Systems (GA-ASI)
- Mr. William Walker, Lead, Global Hawk & Business Development, Northrop Grumman Corporation Aerospace Systems
- Dr. Chris Proudlove, Senior Vice President, Team Leader, Complex Risks, Global Aerospace, Inc.
- Mr. Jesse Gipe, Manager, Economic Development, San Diego Regional Economic Development Council
- Mr. Terry Sando, UAS Sector Senior Manager, Grand Forks, ND Region Economic Development Corporation
- Mr. Constantin Diehl, Interim CEO, UAS Colorado Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- Mr. Mark McKinnon, Partner, McKenna Long and Aldridge
- Mr. Alan Frazier, Associate Professor, Department of Aviation, University of N. Dakota
- Mr. Nelson Paez, Chief Executive Officer, DreamHammer Products, LLC
- CW2 (USA ret) Christina Engh, Chief Operating Officer and Co-Founder UASolutions Group, Inc.
- Mr. Jim Nelson, Coastal Riverine Group ONE (CRG-1), N6 Electronic Key Management System (EKMS) Security Manager, USN
- LT Joshua Vazquez, USN, PUMA Expeditionary Subject Matter Expert
- Ms. Whitney Brooks, Founder, Unmannedpower LLC
Source : ASDEvents