Rockwell Collins Launches New High Fidelity EP-8100 Image Generator
- For Commercial and Military Simulation and Training
Rockwell Collins today announced the launch of its new EP-8100 Image Generator for commercial and military simulation and training during a customer open house at its Orlando, Florida, facility.
“Our new high fidelity EP®-8100 image generator addresses the key issues facing our customers today, namely how to bring new levels of realism and performance to their training environments while preserving the investments they’ve already made,” said LeAnn Ridgeway, vice president and general manager, Simulation & Training for Rockwell Collins. “It provides high performance image generation in a compact design with increased reliability.”
Augmented and Virtual Reality - Global Market Outlook (2015-2022)
One of the key differentiators of the EP-8100 is the system’s ability to utilize customers’ existing databases. It features conversion software that allows existing Rockwell Collins synthetic environments, as well as many industry standard synthetic environments, to run on the EP-8100. These converted environments can be executed in their original form or may be enhanced to take advantage of the unique capabilities of the EP-8100.
Other new capabilities that are highlighted in the EP-8100 include:
- WholeEarth environment, allowing large-area training with small inset development
- Per-primitive blur for more realistic smoke, dust or heat haze
- High-fidelity snow and rain effects with a full depth image rendering
- Regional weather, allowing up to eight simultaneous, unique weather patterns with smooth and continuous transition from one to another
- Adaptive architecture, providing efficient volumetric rendering (patent pending) for more realistic clouds, smoke and dust
- Industry-leading anti-aliasing algorithms, yielding superior moving image quality
- High-fidelity sensor simulation, addressing IR, NVG, EO and LLTV requirements
- Largest catalog of high-resolution airport models available; regular updates are also available
The EP-8100 will make its European debut at ITEC 2015, the annual international military simulation and training conference being held in Prague, April 28-30.
Source : Rockwell Collins - view original press release