OPVs & Corvettes Asia Pacific 2015 Conference
- Enhancing the Versatility of OPV and Corvette Capabilities for Diverse Maritime Operations
- 20 April, 2015 - 21 April, 2015, Singapore, Singapore
Enhancing the Versatility of OPV and Corvette Capabilities for Diverse Maritime Operations
The 5th Annual OPVs & Corvettes Asia Pacific 2015 will bring you the latest discussion topics surrounding the roles of OPVs and corvettes, and how navies and coast guards are enhancing the versatility of their fleets for diverse maritime operations from SAR to counter-piracy.
Featuring senior and key military officials from the region and beyond, OPVs & Corvettes Asia Pacific 2015 is not only the only conference in Asia dedicated to the planning of requirements and procurement of YOUR naval capabilities, gaining operational perspectives and best practices on the use of OPVs and corvettes in maritime operations, but also the ideal platform for industry stakeholders to discuss and learn the latest strategies in enhancing naval fleet capabilities.
Global Amphibious Landing Craft Market 2014-2018
What’s New this Year?
Regional navies and coast guards are split between maintaining and upgrading their existing aging fleets with armament, buying new OPVs and buying new corvettes. Which is the best way forward for each country?
Having identified the common set of challenges for naval platforms and fleet operations in Asia planning to enhance their naval fleets, we have secured both regional and international military officials to share their experiences and expertise in capability development, maritime operations and the practical use of OPVs and corvettes for both Navies and Coast Guards in the region.
Our Key Topics for 2015 include:
- Requirements and Capability Building: How do you define the right requirements for your fleet to meet specific needs? How do you achieve the right balance between cost-constraints and operational efficiency?
- Creating a Versatile Fleet to Maximise Maritime Operations in Asia Pacific: What are the latest technologies and naval assets utilised to carry out maritime operations such as search and rescue, disaster relief, maritime patrols and more? How can OPVs and corvettes be designed and utilised to fulfil a multi-purpose role across various maritime operations?
- Operational Maritime and OPV + Corvette Case Studies: Having new naval assets is not enough, what are some of the operational best practices that Navies and Coast Guards around the region are employing to enhance maritime security and conduct efficient maritime operations?
- The Way Forward: OPVs or Corvettes?: Which asset will be more cost-effective and versatile? What are the considerations between procuring armament for the OPV and corvette? What are the advantages and disadvantages of both? Why are some countries opting for one and not the other?
- Armament: You have procured your OPV or corvette. Or you have an existing fleet of them which requires upgrades and enhancements. What kinds of armament would be most suitable for the constabulary and combat operations you want to put your fleet through?
- Rear Admiral Charlie Williams, Commander, Logistics Group, Western Pacific Command, US Navy
- First Admiral Dato' Nasri Adam, Head of Eastern Peninsula Region, Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency (MMEA)
- Captain Caesar Bernard N. Valencia PN(GSC) Operations Officer, Operations Officer, Philippine Fleet, Republic of Philippine Navy
- Commodore Joel S. Garcia, Marine Environmental Pollution Chief, Republic of Philippine Coast Guard
- Captain Martin A. Sebastian, Centre Head / Fellow Centre for Maritime Security and Diplomacy (CMSD), Maritime Institute of Malaysia (MIMA)
- Jesse Pascasio, Chief of Strategic Plans and Communications Unit, National Coast Watch Council - Secretariat
- Senior Officer Representing Chief, TBA, Bakorkamla
- Rear Admiral Sam Sokha, Deputy Chief of Staff of RCNHQ, Royal Cambodia Navy
- Commodore Ferdinand M Velasco, District Commander, Coast Guard District Northern Mindanao, Republic of the Philippines
- Major Nguyen Khac Vuot, Maritime Operations, Vietnam Coast Guard
- Jaap Gelling, Product Director, High Speed Craft, Damen Group
- Commander Jirachatt Saengwut, Operations Division, Royal Thai Fleet, ROYAL THAI NAVY
Source : ASDEvents
May 30 - 31, 2017 - Casablanca, Morocco
Jun 27 - 28, 2017 - Metro Manila, Philippines