Soldier Equipment and Technology Advancement Forum
- Optimising Soldier Equipment For Winter Warfare
- 15 April, 2015 - 16 April, 2015, Oslo, Norway
The dismounted soldier and marine are still the greatest asset of any defence force and time and time again have proven vital for mission effectiveness in a variety of complex operational environments. As the global political and economic landscape has shifted and many soldier modernisation programme managers are evaluating changes in national defence strategies, it has never been more important to gather the community and share information on how dismounted operations can be improved with new equipment and technology advances.
Unlike other events, SETAF is a meeting for the soldier modernisation community that is designed around a series of focused discussion groups run by co-chairs who are selected experts on vital subject matter.
Global Exoskeleton System Market 2015-2019
With no PowerPoint presentations, the SETAF meeting will dedicate the precious time of its participants to in-depth learning, networking and discussions, making it a complementary part of the soldier modernisation communities’ annual training and development programme.
SETAF Event Highlights
- No Attendees only participants: SETAF’s unique discussion based format means we deliver only technical discussions lead by experts in their field
- Participation confirmed from soldier system experts from Norway, Sweden, Finland, UK, US, Canada, Austria, Germany, Poland, Romania and the Netherlands
- Soldier Winter Warfare Equipment Briefing Day: hear from local and international programmes and how they design and optimise their soldier systems for sub-zero environments
Real solutions uncovered in the SETAF exhibition zone: the very latest technologies will be showcased to help advance the next generation of soldier system
Benefits of Attending
- No attendees, only participants. SETAF is an event where everyone gets involved in technical discussions, no one sits out and just observes!
- Explore shared experiences and uncover opportunities for partnership and exchange of lessons learnt with new and innovative industry partners in the SETAF exhibition zone
- SETAF Artic Focus Day: Don’t miss the chance to hear briefings from Norway, Sweden, Finland and Canada on how they optimise soldier systems and focus their design for sub-zero and low temperature harsh operational environments
- Hear direct operational feedback from soldier systems tested in theatre and how this real life experience is redesigning the next phase of national programmes
Take advantage of over 20 hours of informal networking-more than at any other soldier system meeting in 2015!
Focus Day / Workshop
Don't Miss the Pre-Conference Winter Warfare Soldier Equipment Briefings Day | 14th April 2015
Make Sure you register for the SETAF Programme Acquisition and Integration Masterclass | 16th April 2015
With Colonel Richard Hansen, Former Program Manager, Soldier Warrior, PEO Soldier
- Major General Anukul Chandra, Former Director General Equipment Management, Indian Army HQ
- Major Rune Nesland-Steinor, Project Manager Weapons Optics and Electronic Warfare Land Systems Division, Norweigan Defence Logistical Organisation
- Adelbert Bronkhorst, Principal Scientist, TNO Defence, Security & Safety
- Brigadier General Asle Kjelsberg, Former Quartermaster General/ Head of Defence Procurement, Norwegian Defence Staff
- Colonel Richard Hansen, Former Program Manager, Soldier Warrior, PEO Soldier, US Army
- Darren Browning, Power Sources Team Lead, NATO LCG DSS / Power Group Chairman, DSTL
- Derek Riezebos, Project Manager -VOSS-E-Lighter Programme, Netherlands MoD
- Ed Andrukaitis, National Defence HQ, National Defence Headquarters
- Gert Nutzel, Chief Scientist, PHOTONIS Netherlands B.V.
- John Foley, Project Director-FIST & Soldier System Lead, Thales
- Lt Colonel Christopher Woodburn, nfantry Weapons and Optics, Maneuver Branch, Fires and maneuver Integration Division, United States Marine Corps
- Lt Colonel Pawel Sweklej, Soldier System TYTAN - Project Manager, General Command of the Polish Armed Forces
- Lt Colonel Tiberius Tomoiaga, Director, METRA
- Major Enric Bouffard, Lead Requirements Officer, Soldier Clothing, Protection And Equipment, Canadian Army
- Major Jonathan Herbert, Director Land Requirements 5-6, National Defence Headquarters
- Olaf Aul, Chief Technical Leader, IdZ -ES, Rheinmetall Electronics
- Patrick Curlier, Vice President Optronics and Defence Division Sagem Defense and Securite, Sagem
- Ross Jones, Programme Leader - Dismounted Soldier Systems Programme & Delivery Directorate, DSTL
- Rune Lausand, Chief Scientist, FFI Norwegian Defence Research Establishment
- Steven Savage, Senior Scientist, Defence, Safety and Security FOI -POWER, FOI Swedish Defence Research Agency
Source : ASDEvents
Mar 29 - 30, 2017 - London, United Kingdom
Apr 26 - 27, 2017 - London, United Kingdom
Mar 29 - 30, 2017 - London, United Kingdom