Thales and ASELSAN sign a further Cooperation Agreement during IDEX 2015
Thales and ASELSAN of Turkey have signed a new cooperation agreement during IDEX 2015 in Abu Dhabi to continue joint development of a Missile Launcher System that incorporates Thales’s Lightweight Multi-role Missiles (LMM) and the Missile Launcher System of ASELSAN.
The cooperation between the two companies was initiated in 2010 and first stage firings of an integrated Missile Launcher System and LMM were demonstrated in 2014. The agreement covers further firing demonstrations, initially in the naval domain and allows for further cooperation in other areas where both Thales and ASELSAN are well experienced.
Global Rocket Engine Market Research Report 2016
Thales’s LMM is a lightweight precision strike-missile that has been designed to be fired from a variety of tactical platforms including helicopters, fixed or rotary winged UAVs, wheeled or tracked vehicles or naval platforms. The target set includes surface threats such as static installations, armoured personnel carriers, asymmetric threats, fast in-shore attack crafts and UAVs.
ASELSAN’s Missile Launcher System is a customized compact and lightweight solution for naval platforms such as fast patrol boats and larger ships, providing defence for critical infrastructure such as oil rigs, seaports and naval bases against a variety of surface and air threats. The LMM Launcher System can be used either autonomously or fully integrated within a combat management system.
- 4/8 ready to fire LMM designed and produced by Thales
- 2 axis gyro stabilized turret
- Automatic target tracking through independent stabilized EO suite
- Laser range finder for target ranging
- High hit performance with fast reaction time
- High level system automation for ease of use
- Ease of integration into existing and new built Fast Interceptor Crafts
- Low maintenance cost and high reliability
Source : Thales - view original press release