Rockwell Collins Pro Line Fusion Now Certified on Embraer Legacy 500
Rockwell Collins today announced that its Pro Line Fusion® advanced avionics system has been type certified on the Embraer Executive Jets’ Legacy 500 fly-by-wire mid-size business jet. First delivery is expected in the coming weeks. The Legacy 450, the new mid-light jet, which shares the Legacy 500 airframe and technology, is expected to be certified and delivered in 2015.
“Pro Line Fusion is a perfect match for this fly-by-wire executive jet. These highly advanced systems work seamlessly together, creating a powerful experience for the pilots,” said Craig Olson, vice president and general manager, Business and Regional Systems for Rockwell Collins. “We share Embraer’s excitement about this significant milestone and look forward to working alongside them in Brazil as this program progresses into the future.”
The Global Commercial Aircraft Market 2013-2023
The Legacy 500 is the first Pro Line Fusion-equipped jet with Rockwell Collins’ Airport Moving Map as a certified option. Geo-referenced aircraft “own-ship” position and color-coded assigned runway highlighting on graphically rich airport maps that can range in and out mitigate runway confusion during taxi, takeoff and landing.
New Pro Line Fusion optional features in development for the Legacy 500 and Legacy 450 include the HGS™-3500 Head-up Guidance System and EVS-3000 Enhanced Vision System, which is the first to detect LED airport lighting.
Pro Line Fusion for the Legacy 500 features a pilot-selectable display format on four 15-inch diagonal LCDs that allows the flight crew to view a wide range of information such as flight-critical data, synoptic diagrams of aircraft information, and navigational charts and maps on multiple presentations, significantly enhancing situational awareness. Features include:
- High-resolution synthetic vision providing 3D view of terrain, obstacles, and approach cues
- Advanced graphical flight planning that reduces pilot workload when navigating around weather or altering complex flight plans
- Paperless-capable flight deck with fully integrated, geo-referenced electronic charts, enhanced maps, and electronic checklists
- “See and avoid” Traffic Collision Avoidance System (TCAS) with optional Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast (ADS-B) capabilities
- Dual advanced Flight Management Systems (FMS) with Wide Area Augmentation System Localizer Precision Vertical (WAAS/LPV) and Required Navigation Performance (RNP) capabilities, plus RNP AR 0.3 (optional)
- MultiScan™ Threat Detection System, which provides full color, automatic and clutter-free storm cell tracking (optional)
- Link 2000+ Controller Pilot Data Link Communications (CPDLC) on-demand data link text messaging provides global access that enhances operational efficiency (optional)
Additionally, the Legacy 500 also comes standard with Rockwell Collins’ Aircraft Information Manager (AIM), which synchronizes the aircraft and ground systems. AIM uses available Wi-Fi wireless access points to conveniently transfer navigation and chart database and maintenance updates to and from the aircraft. It automatically provides data for Embraer’s AHEAD (Aircraft Health Analysis and Diagnosis) program to keep maintenance teams abreast of unscheduled events. AIM service is included free of charge with all new Legacy 500 jets for the first year.
Source : Rockwell Collins - view original press release