Cirrus Perception: A New Reconfigurable ''Sensor-Capable'' Special Mission Aircraft
Today Cirrus Aircraft has introduced a "sensor-capable" special mission aircraft based on its Generation 5 SR22/SR22T aircraft. Cirrus' special mission platform Cirrus Perception™ will be available in mid-2015.
With Cirrus Perception™, Cirrus will create a unique new class of prospective owners and operators for SR22/SR22T aircraft. Cirrus Perception™ also introduces a new style of reconfigurable special mission aircraft, easily and quickly converting from standard aircraft to an advanced observation platform.
Drone Payload Market - Global Forecast to 2021
Aerial sensor and observation systems are quickly becoming more advanced; and also lighter, more compact and affordable. Special mission operators no longer need a large turbine aircraft or rotorcraft carrying heavy, antiquated technology. The Cirrus SR22/SR22T is an ideal platform that has no rival in terms of cost, systems integration, mission adaptability and flexibility.
Cirrus Perception™ also offers the capability and safety benefits that are available in all SR22/SR22T aircraft: Cirrus Airframe Parachute System™ (CAPS), Cirrus Perspective™ (by Garmin) cockpit, air conditioning, 215+ knot cruise speeds, flight into known icing (FIKI), useful load over 1,300 pounds and the widest, most comfortable cabin in its class.
"Cirrus is widely recognized as a leader in aviation innovation, first with the Cirrus SR-series and more recently, the Vision SF50 Personal Jet," said Jon Dauplaise, Cirrus' Vice President of Fleet and Special Mission Sales. "Cirrus Perception™ sets a new standard for low cost solutions for special mission and observation operators."
Cirrus Perception™ is much more than an aircraft with a camera option. Key differentiators make Cirrus Perception™ a superior special mission platform including:
- The Sensor Mounting System (SMS) is designed to be removed and reconfigured in minutes.
- Cirrus Perception™ will be certified under the Cirrus SR22/SR22T type certificate to carry a variety of different sensor types.
- Customers can remove sensors, reconfigure with different sensors, or fly the airplane in a "clean" configuration with minimal regulatory requirements.
- One airplane can fulfill multiple missions.
- Customers can often attach a new type of sensor to their Cirrus Perception™ and start using it with minimal regulatory or integration hurdles to overcome.
If you are involved in …
- Command, Control and Communications
- Law Enforcement Mission Sets
- Hydrocarbon Leak Detection
- Search and Rescue (SAR)
- Aerial Mapping and Surveys
- Disaster Management
- Real Estate Surveys
- Broadcast Television
- Drug Interdiction
- Boarder Security
- Pipeline Patrol
- DOT Transport
- Wildlife Patrol
- Fire Fighting
... you should learn more about Cirrus Perception™.
"Cirrus' entry into the special missions segment continues our growth plans into new and broader markets," concluded Todd Simmons, Cirrus' EVP of Sales, Marketing and Support. "When we see growth opportunities, we listen to new customers and respond with the same innovative and creative thinking inherent in all our products."
Source : Cirrus Aircraft - view original press release
Jan 23 - 25, 2017 - Washington, United States
Sep 27 - 29, 2016 - Rome, Italy