Boeing Adds Live Video-Tagging to Geospatial Data Management Tool
- DataMaster 5.3 improves data cataloging, retrieval and analysis
Boeing [NYSE: BA] has upgraded its DataMaster geospatial data management software with real-time text-tagging of live streaming video, improving situational awareness for defense and intelligence community customers.
This new capability, along with other updates in the latest version of DataMaster, will result in faster cataloging and retrieval of data and more robust and precise analytics of imagery, video, maps and terrain.
Global Military Communication Market: Forecast and Research Analysis 2015-2019
"The technology enhancements found in DataMaster 5.3 are designed to create clearer links within geospatial data for swift, precise and perceptive intelligence," said Sparky Olsen, acting director, Boeing Intelligence Systems Group. "DataMaster provides increased data visualization for unique insights, enabling analysts to make better decisions."
DataMaster 5.3 software upgrades, available to new and current customers of the product, include the following features:
- Real-time text-tagging of live-stream video footage for better file management, cataloging and sourcing
- Support for 32-bit Geo-referenced Tagged Image File Format (GeoTIFF) and National Imagery Transmission Format (NITF) data improving precision and ability to handle more data types
- Streaming of and image format conversion to JPEG2000 images as well as JPIP (JPEG 2000 Interactive Protocol) streaming for improved image review
- Expanded metadata support for GeoTIFF and NITF imagery
DataMaster is a comprehensive suite of commercial-off-the-shelf products and capabilities that provide a single repository for imagery, maps, elevation data and video. Customers have employed the DataMaster product family for more than 20 years for enhanced situational awareness to better protect U.S. and allied citizens and assets around the world.
Source : The Boeing Company (NYSE: BA) - view original press release
Nov 15 - 17, 2016 - Arlington, United States