Sikorsky S-92 helicopters to receive new Rockwell Collins display
- Multi-Function Display provides growth path to synthetic vision, H-TAWS, and MultiScanTM weather radar
The Sikorsky S-92® helicopter will feature new Rockwell Collins MFD-268P2B Multi-Function Displays enabling growth to capabilities that will enhance situational awareness and flight safety. The new displays will be standard cockpit equipment for new aircraft delivered beginning in 2014.
“The new MFD-268P2B Multi-Function Display features the latest technology in advanced cockpit systems,” said Troy Brunk, vice president and general manager of Airborne Systems for Rockwell Collins. “The display has been completely redesigned to expand optical and processing performance, reduce acoustic noise levels and increase the level of reliability while providing growth for Next Generation airspace requirements.”
Air Traffic Control Equipment Market 2013 - 2019
Benefits of the new MFD-268P2B include:
- Expanded readability under all lighting conditions
- Provides growth path to synthetic vision, H-TAWS and MultiScan™ weather radar
- Enhanced color stability for high-angle, cross-cockpit viewing
- Enhanced reliability through increased technology integration
- Greater than 14 decibel reduction in acoustic noise
The MFD-268P2B system offers superior functionality, condensed packaging and is capable of displaying graphics and video on a high performance, color Active Matrix Liquid Crystal Display. This avionics-grade display is capable of a wide operating temperature range, providing superior optical performance designed for a wide viewing angle for excellent cross-cockpit viewing.
Your company’s press release on ASDNews and to thousands of other journalists and editors? Use our ASDWire press release distribution service.
Source : Rockwell Collins, Inc. (NYSE: COL)
Jun 22 - 24, 2015 - Fort Bragg, United States