Exelis to showcase leading technologies at the Singapore Airshow 2014
Exelis (NYSE: XLS) will showcase its industry-leading aerospace, defense and security technologies at the 2014 Singapore Air Show (@SGAirshow) at the Changi Exhibition Centre Feb. 11 – 16. Exelis will be located in the U.S. Pavilion at stand R767, and at chalet C22/24.
“We are excited to strengthen existing relationships and develop new ones during the Singapore Airshow. Because it is the leading aviation and aerospace event in Asia, our participation is critical to support our growing international business in the region,” said Chris Tucker, Exelis vice president of international business development. “As Exelis continues to expand our leadership in the strategic growth areas of critical networks, electronic warfare, and networked communications, we want to showcase our technologically-advanced, proven and reliable technologies to existing and new customers.”
Vetronics Market - Global Forecasts to 2021
Exelis will highlight the following capabilities in Singapore:
- Advanced Integrated Defensive Electronic Warfare Suite (AIDEWS) that enables electronic warfare self-protection for a growing number of international F-16 aircraft, providing fighter pilots with situational awareness and protection against radar-based threats.
- An upgraded version of the ALQ-136 electronic warfare system, which provides self-protection and mission-enabling technologies for the AH-64 Apache helicopter.
- Carriage and release technology, including advanced pneumatic systems that allow manned and unmanned aircraft to carry a wide range of mission payloads more efficiently and affordably through lower maintenance requirements.
- SwitchplusIP® is an interoperable communication system that uses Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology to enable operators to establish a critical link between communication centers and tactical communication assets. SwitchplusIP is fault tolerant and has network redundancy at every point to ensure high availability and minimum downtime. SwitchplusIP is used in emergency call centers, other command and control applications and can also be used in mobile command centers.
- The binocular i-Aware TM-NVG, connects individuals to larger tactical networks, providing enhanced situational awareness. This flexible technology can be employed as a part of a complete system or used as a stand-alone night vision goggle.
- SpearNet, a mobile ad hoc networking solution that combines voice, integrated GPS with situational awareness reporting, and data transfer of 100-1500 Kbps across dismounted networks spanning distances of up to six kilometers. SpearNet establishes and maintains voice and data communications within difficult environments such as tunnels, ship cargo holds, fast moving vehicles, and buildings.
- The Individual Soldier System, which integrates voice, video and data; allows commanders to view what personnel in the field are seeing, and send information directly to a night vision goggle’s display in a light and sound secure way. This system integrates the Exelis i-Aware TM-NVG with the high-data rate SpearNet radio using Jagwire to provide on-demand access to critical geospatial intelligence data, reducing the time from collection to decision.
Source : Exelis - view original press release
Mar 29 - 30, 2017 - London, United Kingdom