Rockwell Collins showcases capability-rich innovations for commercial and military aircraft
- ARINC now a part of Rockwell Collins
Rockwell Collins is featuring a number of new products and services at the Singapore Airshow 2014 taking place Feb. 11-16. Attendees are encouraged to visit the company exhibit (Stand Q79 in the USA Pavilion), to learn more about its new MultiScan ThreatTrack™ weather radar, the EVS-3000 enhanced vision system and the HeliSure™ family of products for helicopters.
For military customers in the region, Rockwell Collins will be highlighting two new radios at the Singapore Airshow. These include the next generation Talon RT-8400 international software defined radio, which provides next generation fully exportable secure communications, and the 721S VHF-UHF radio, an Ethernet-based command and control system that employs open system standards to deliver superior interoperability.
Global Military Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Market Assessment
In addition, this year marks the first time that the newly formed Information Management Services division of Rockwell Collins, created as a result of the 2013 acquisition of ARINC, will be a part of Rockwell Collins’ presence at the show. At the ARINC exhibit (Stand P95), company representatives will be demonstrating the latest ARINC Direct Flight Planning and International Trip Planning applications on mobile devices; airport self-service check-in technology; and a running video presentation of the company’s aerospace capabilities.
“The Singapore Air Show continues to be of growing importance for our company because of the vast opportunities that exist on both the commercial and military side of our business in the Asia Pacific,” said Colin Mahoney, senior vice president, International & Service Solutions for Rockwell Collins. “With the new product and services we’re featuring, as well as program and customer announcements we’ll be making, we anticipate a very busy and productive week at this year’s event.”
- A running video presentation of Rockwell Collins’ new MultiScan ThreatTrack weather radar will be on display, showing the system’s unprecedented atmospheric threat assessment capabilities for air transport aircraft. The new radar goes beyond hail and lightning prediction within a thunderstorm cell and alerts pilots to these significant threats adjacent to the cell, and it is the first airborne weather radar to differentiate the severity of approaching turbulence. ThreatTrack’s Predictive Overflight™ Protection helps warn pilots of these threats associated with growing thunderstorms ahead and below that may be in the aircraft’s flight path.
- An in-depth presentation about Rockwell Collins’ new EVS-3000 will also be featured in the exhibit. EVS-3000 features the latest in enhanced vision technology. Offering an uncooled, lighter-weight solution that can detect all runway lighting, including new LED systems, the EVS-3000 lets pilots see through many of the worst conditions nature has to offer.
- A product demonstration of the HeliSure™ family of products will be feature. HeliSure is the only completely unique portfolio that combines 3D visualization, displays, sensors and databases together to provide unprecedented situational awareness for helicopters.
- A demonstrator featuring Pro Line Fusion® integrated avionics will showcase the system’s unsurpassed and pioneering features for commercial and military aircraft. It helps pilots manage, monitor and master flight automation, with key elements that make flying safer and more enjoyable.
- An interactive iPad® demonstration of the operational and economical advantages of the Rockwell Collins Head-Up Guidance System (HGS™), including enhanced low-visibility operations, schedule reliability, improved energy management and increased safety.
- An interactive look at Rockwell Collins’ award-winning Venue™ cabin management and entertainment system with features that include high definition video, iPod® docking stations and programmable switch panels, as well as the latest version of the company’s Airshow® 4200 3D moving map and in-flight information system.
- A PAVES™ On-demand demonstration with overhead broadcast video and in-seat audio / video will be featured at the exhibit. With Paves On-demand, travelers can enjoy high-definition entertainment while the system’s compact footprint, light weight and maintenance features help minimize cost of ownership.
- The Talon™ next-generation programmable software defined radio is designed to give military customers the best value in features, technology and growth capabilities. This series of receiver-transmitters features a digital radio architecture that allows easy reprogramming with different waveforms and operating modes through the use of digital signal processing technology.
- The latest in Rockwell Collins’ long history of cockpit display enhancements is the new electronic Engine Instrument Display System (EIDS). The EIDS is not only the simple, cost-effective solution to the problem of continually having to repair or replace obsolete analog instruments; it provides your flight crews with a higher degree of reliability, safety, operational efficiency and situational awareness.
- Demonstrations of the Rockwell Collins Virtual Avionics Procedures Trainer (VAPT) with CH-47/C-130/KC-135 configuration. The VAPT is based on Rockwell Collins' advanced CORE™ simulation architecture and features a modular, expandable and configurable combination of commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) technology, PC-based hardware and Rockwell Collins re-hosted avionics software.
- Rockwell Collins representatives will also be on hand to provide information on the company’s service and support offerings. Rockwell Collins’ global network of more than 80 locations provides life cycle service and support for commercial, business, corporate and military operations. Logistics capabilities include asset management, engineering services, on-board services, repair and overhaul, service parts, technical information, and training and simulation systems and services. These solutions are tailored to meet customer operational requirements and reduce total cost of ownership.
- Intertrade, a division of Rockwell Collins’ Service Solutions business, offers competitively priced new and recertified aircraft and engine components for sale, exchange or lease. The company’s extensive inventory covers multiple military and commercial equipment manufacturers, aircraft platforms and Air Transport Association chapters.
Your company’s press release on ASDNews and to thousands of other journalists and editors? Use our ASDWire press release distribution service.
Source : Rockwell Collins
Apr 30 - May 1, 2015 - Washington, United States
Jun 24 - 25, 2015 - Prague, Czech Republic