Border Monitoring and Security, Border Crossings, Border Security Technologies, Contraband, Human Trafficking
- Latest updates from homeland security experts from Bulgaria, Hungary, Switzerland, Germany, Brazil, Italy, UK, Romania
- SMi Group reports: Leading Homeland Security Specialists will meet in Sofia in February 2014, to discuss current concerns in Eastern Europe and around the world.
Leading Homeland Security Specialists will meet in Sofia in February 2014, to discuss the current concerns in Eastern Europe and around the world. Returning to Bulgaria, SMi’s Border Security 2014 Conference, taking place on the 26th-27th of February 2014, will feature discussion on current concerns in Eastern Europe and around the world.
Border control is incredibly challenging particularly when a border runs for thousands of kilometres often through hard and varied terrain. With the added pressure of some borders running through hostile environments steps must be taken to ensure all hazards and any potential threat stays beyond the border and does not penetrate into a nation. Border Security-2014 Conference will highlight the key emerging efforts of international border control agencies.
Global People Security Screening: Technologies, Industry & Market 2015-2020
Border Security -2014 attendees include leading border/homeland security and control, immigration, police and law enforcements specialists, foreign affairs officials and security systems providers from Bulgaria, UK, Germany, Switzerland, Romania, Hungary, Italy, Brazil, China, Belgium, Netherlands, Nigeria, Chezh Republic, Afghanistan, Tajikistan and other countries.
Meeting’s Highlights Include:
- Host nation address from Chief Commissioner Penov, Chief Directorate of Border Police, Bulgaria
- Hear about the case study from Haiti covering cross border criminal activity, and irregular migration
- Brazil’s strategy for protection of port security, and preparations for the upcoming Olympics and World Cup
- Learn the new approaches of the Schengen border security evaluation mechanisms
- Discuss the 21st Century Challenges of Border security for developing countries
Speaker Faculty – 2014 includes: John Vine CBE QPM, Independent Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration, UK; Police Brigadier General Gábor Kovács, Hungarian National Police; Captain Pierre Wuillemin, Head of Identification and Biometrics from BGC, Swiss Federal Customs Administration FCA, Border Guard Cops, Switzerland; Adriano Baptista, Head of Operations Division, European Union Satellite Centre; Petrus Neacsu, Head of Telecommunications Unit within Directorate for the Implementation of Integrated System for Border Security, Romanian Border Police; Peter Waldbauer-Hable, Senior Detective Chief Inspector, Bavarian Police and many others.
2 interactive half-day pre-conference workshops will take place on the 25th of February: Inter Agency Intelligence Sharing, hosted by Neil J Hall AFNI MIACP, Assistant Commissioner of Police (Retd); and Stabilisation Operations in Fragile States, hosted by Malcom Kell, Stabilisation Advisor, UK Government's Stabilisation Unit.
More information on the event's website: https://www.asdevents.com/event.asp?id=2979
Your company’s press release on ASDNews and to thousands of other journalists and editors? Use our ASDWire press release distribution service.
Source : SMi Group Ltd