TeleCommunication Systems Receives $40.5 M to Deliver Communications Systems Support for USMC
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced that it has received a contract with CACI International Inc. (NYSE:CACI) to provide the U.S. Marine Corps (USMC) with Engineering Services for its Wireless Point to Point Link (WPPL) systems and commercialization effort. The contract includes a base award term of 11 months and two, 1-year option terms; all of which, if exercised, create a total contract value of $40.5 million. Initial funding of $7 million has been provided for the first six months of the base award term, starting September 1, 2013. This subcontract is part of the Rapid Response - Third Generation (R2-3G) contract which offers federal managers an efficient and effective means of acquiring critical items to sustain crucial weapon systems.
Global Aerostat Systems Market Insights, Opportunity Analysis, Market Shares and Forecast 2016 - 202...
- Funded by the U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command (CECOM), R2-3G is a multiple-award, task order contract that consists of 18 separate Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contracts. The aggregate ceiling value of the 18 prime contracts over a five-year period of performance which began in July, 2010, is $16.4 billion.
- The commercialization effort includes supplying engineering; operations and maintenance for technical control facilities; switched and IP voice engineering; network engineering and administration; server system administration; VM Ware engineering services; Net Admin engineering services; information assurance; and Marine Corps VSAT terminals and WPPL field support services.
- For 26 years, TCS has provided Professional and Technical Services (PTS) for government customer operations around the world. Combining satellite, wireless and advanced network engineering; IT engineering; and cyber engineering services with facilities and support staff, TCS quickly and cost-effectively supplements the military's resources for the installation and maintenance of communications networks.
- As part of the TCS TotalCom® portfolio, the WPPL system provides secure point-to-point and point-to-multipoint, line-of-sight and non-line-of-sight transmission of voice, video and data communications.
- WPPL enables the USMC to close the gap on the "last digital mile," pushing data services to the network edge using a low-cost alternative to more expensive beyond-line-of-sight satellite communications.
TCS has a 26-year track record as a proven, trusted provider of communication technology solutions to the government's toughest technical challenges, under conditions that demand the highest level of reliability, availability and security. To ensure mission continuity, TCS TotalCom® offers deployable, highly secure communication solutions and complete end-to-end managed services for converged (IP-based) voice, video and data solutions to organizations requiring seamless and secure connectivity between fixed sites and remote operations.
TCS Government Solutions Group President Michael Bristol said: "CACI is ever vigilant in meeting the needs of those who entrust them with their projects and processes. We share this value, so working with an industry leader and trusted partner like CACI is an important part of our ongoing strategy to ensure the USMC continues to have the expert, reliable support they need so their communications equipment continues operating at peak efficiency."
Source : TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.