TeleCommunication Systems Awarded $14 M to Supply Satellite Equipment and Support to US. Army
- First TCS Contract Award under Army GTACS IDIQ Vehicle
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced that it has entered into a contract with the U.S. Army to provide the Microsat family of Very Small Aperture Terminal satellite terminals with associated engineering services. The initial funding on this award is $1.1 million for the base 18-month period starting September 27, 2013. The contract has a total contract value of $14 million, if all options are exercised. This contract was issued under the Global Tactical Advanced Communication Systems and Services (GTACS) contract vehicle. TCS is a prime GTACS contract awardee; GTACS has an estimated ceiling of $10 billion over five years, starting in November 2012.
Military Vetronics Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2015 ...
- The Department of the Army, Assistant Secretary for Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology, Program Executive Office Command, Control, Communications-Tactical, Special Projects Office, Northeast Regional Response Center is managing this procurement. This is the first GTACS task order awarded directly to TCS.
- Part of the TCS TotalCom® portfolio, the Microsat family delivers the highest performance available in the market today, achieving unsurpassed data rates up to 6 Mbps to provide a terrestrial large pipe in geographically challenged areas.
- The three available terminal options, .65M, .95M and 1.3M, are Wideband Global SATCOM certifiable and designed to stringent MIL-STD-810F tactical requirements.
- The ultra-lean form factor allows for non-attributable transport and operation and is ideally suited for elite military teams, tier-1 responders and command-and-control and data exfiltration calls.
- For 26 years, TCS has provided Professional and Technical Services for government customer operations around the world. Combining satellite, wireless and advanced network engineering; IT engineering; and cyber engineering services with facilities and support staff, TCS quickly and cost-effectively supplements the military's resources for the installation and maintenance of communications networks.
TCS has a 26-year track record as a proven, trusted provider of communication technology solutions to the government's toughest technical challenges, under conditions that demand the highest level of reliability, availability and security. To ensure mission continuity, TCS TotalCom offers deployable, highly secure communication solutions and complete end-to-end managed services for converged (IP-based) voice, video and data solutions to organizations requiring seamless and secure connectivity between fixed sites and remote operations.
TCS Government Solutions Group President Michael Bristol said: "I am excited about this order, since it is our first award on the new GTACS contract. We are pleased to continue to provide tactical communications and services to support the Army C4I mission."
Your company’s press release on ASDNews and to thousands of other journalists and editors? Use our ASDWire press release distribution service.
Source : TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
Oct 12 - 13, 2016 - New Orleans, United States