British Airways Debuts Its First A380 Aircraft on the Red Carpet Route Between Los Angeles and London
- Partners With Variety Magazine in Tribute to Emerging British Entertainment Talent
British Airways is premiering its 'Red Carpet Route' between Los Angeles and London today, the inaugural flight for the airline's first Airbus A380. The City of Angels is the first of the airline's more than 150 destinations to receive the superjumbo, offering a premium experience to customers who want to travel in style to the U.K. and beyond.
"We currently fly three flights a day from LA to London and are proud to be strengthening our connection between these two entertainment capitals with the largest and most luxurious aircraft in our fleet," said Sean Doyle, EVP Americas for British Airways.
Global Commercial Airframe Component Market 2016-2020
Scheduled to touch down at Los Angeles International Airport this evening, the new British Airways aircraft offers customers a superior travel experience, including:
- Spacious interiors, featuring 469 seats across four cabins, 14 First, 97 Club World (business class), 55 World Traveler Plus (premium economy) and 303 World Traveler (economy)
- First 'suites' with 30 percent more space, turndown service, a la carte dining and champagne supper
- Full-flat beds in business class with new 2:3:2 configurations on the upper deck, designed for maximum personal space and comfort
- State-of-the-art in-flight entertainment with 1,600 hours of programming, including more than 130 of the latest Hollywood blockbusters and classic movies and 650 TV shows from around the world
- Complimentary bar, three course meals, amenity kits and blankets for all customers
- Cleaner air, as a result of advanced filters and a system that allows 15 different temperature control zones with cabin air refreshed every three minutes.
The British Airways A380 also features a new menu designed by The Langham, London, for customers travelling in First and Club World. This includes an elegant five-course tasting menu and afternoon tea, inspired by the range of indulgent treats offered at The Langham, London – famed as the birthplace of Afternoon Tea over 140 years ago.
New aircraft are part of British Airways £5bn investment in products and services to benefit customers. The airline has ordered 12 A380s and 24 Boeing 787s.
Red Carpet Route Premiere, Hollywood Style
Celebrating the connection between two entertainment capitals of the world, British Airways has partnered with Variety magazine to present "10 Brits to Watch". The best emerging U.K. talent in Hollywood will be recognized at a red carpet event on September 25.
At the premiere party, guests will experience signature elements of the A380 while honoring the magazine's "10 Brits to Watch." These up-and-coming actors, writers, directors and musicians include Sam Claflin, Tuppence Middleton, Harry Treadaway, Sally El Housani, Gugu Mbatha Raw, Georgia King, Ed Whitworth, George Blagden, Alexandra McGuiness and Lauren Harris.
"London and Hollywood have been productively-linked entertainment business hubs for all of Variety's 108 years as the pre-eminent source of industry news, so the chance to partner on the Brits to Watch project with an esteemed global brand like the U.K's British Airways was irresistible," said Steve Gaydos, Executive Editor, Variety. "Business travelers and business readers both have high expectations due to their fast-paced careers and sophisticated lifestyles, so this is a partnership born out of our mutual strengths of experience and dedication to delivering on those daily demands, 24/7."
Source : British Airways