Rockwell Collins and Panasonic Avionics take off with the moving map of the future
Voyager 3D, backed by Rockwell Collins’ industry-leading Airshow® Moving Map and tailored specifically for Panasonic Avionics and its customer airlines, will be fully integrated and powered with Panasonic’s next generation in-flight entertainment (IFE) systems, including eX3, and takes advantage of its leading technologies.
Key features of Voyager 3D include:
Global Military Aircraft Avionics Market 2015-2019
- Navigable 3D Earth with high-resolution terrain elevation data and satellite imagery
- Full touch-and-zoom gesturing capabilities allowing interaction in every view taking advantage of Panasonic’s high-performance capacitive monitors
- 360-degree panoramic views enable passengers to explore and discover the world
- Passenger customizable settings, including menu view placement, ticker information and unit of measure preferences
- Meeting airline’s unique requirements for branding and flight path scripting
The map will also leverage the Panasonic global broadband in-flight connectivity network to provide a wide range of connected features, including connecting gate, live news, social media, along with destination and point of interest advertising.
“This joint effort with Panasonic delivers a whole new 3D moving map experience for airline customers,” said Greg Irmen, vice president and general manager, Cabin Systems for Rockwell Collins. “Passengers will be wowed by the sharp imagery and new gesturing capabilities enabled by the new touch screen. Airlines benefit from the system’s extensive customization and the reliability and support expected from Rockwell Collins.”
Paul Margis, CEO of Panasonic Avionics, stated, “Working with Rockwell Collins, we have brought to market a truly immersive, innovative 3D moving map experience which we believe will delight passengers around the globe.”
Your company’s press release on ASDNews and to thousands of other journalists and editors? Use our ASDWire press release distribution service.
Source : Rockwell Collins